Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,611  
If you have recommendations on a brand and model of snow tires for uses on a garden tractor, I'd love to hear them. Right now I'm running chains (sometimes leave them on year round)

I ran turf tires on my garden tractor year round. It's smaller & lighter than the Iseki/Bolens shown in that picture (a Craftsman GT5000). Having tried a second set of tires on my previous, similar-sized garden tractor, I found I needed chains in the winter anyway to be able to get up and down my driveway. So I ran one set of tires with studded chains.

I have not gotten any snow-related implements for my newer garden tractor (A JD X570). I did swap out the smoother turf tires for some knobby tires (which look a bit like some milder ATV tires, but still claim to be good for turf). We'll see how they do in snow and ice when I finally get winter implements for it, but my bet is that I will still need chains.

Nokian makes snow tires for tractors, but you're not going to like the price.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,613  
We lucked out, only -4 Friday night into Saturday. Not sure what the wind chill was down to, truthfully I didn't want to know! Car started begrudgingly at 8am Saturday, but I didn't try any equipment. Didn't fire up the stove until Friday evening when I got home from work, but it was a little too late, had a couple pipes freeze that fed the washing machine. A couple minutes with a blow dryer got it moving, but wanted to freeze back up, but fine Sunday morning. The pipes are above a couple old windows, they're wrapped and packed with rockwool, but hard to fight negative temps.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,614  
If you have recommendations on a brand and model of snow tires for uses on a garden tractor, I'd love to hear them. Right now I'm running chains (sometimes leave them on year round)

I ran turf tires on my garden tractor year round. It's smaller & lighter than the Iseki/Bolens shown in that picture (a Craftsman GT5000). Having tried a second set of tires on my previous, similar-sized garden tractor, I found I needed chains in the winter anyway to be able to get up and down my driveway. So I ran one set of tires with studded chains.

I have not gotten any snow-related implements for my newer garden tractor (A JD X570). I did swap out the smoother turf tires for some knobby tires (which look a bit like some milder ATV tires, but still claim to be good for turf). We'll see how they do in snow and ice when I finally get winter implements for it, but my bet is that I will still need chains.
Turf tires on my garden tractor (Craftsman DYS4500) spun on anything damp.
I have no suggestions for snow as I never use mine in the rare occasions there's snow on the ground here.

I ended up getting "Carlisle Super Lug Lawn & Garden Tire - 20X10-8" on the back and they work great. Lawn tractor isn't heavy enough to tear up my grass noticeably.
Looking at my order history appartently they've only increased by 17% in the last 6 years, not bad (I shopped around at the time, but current price is where I got it before. You may find them cheaper elsewhere now.)

I kept turfs on the front especially since the front tires of that garden tractor splay out duck footed style; I don't think toe-in is adjustable (no idea if it would work either) and the fronts scrub a lot. Figured if they made better traction ones for the front they'd probably wear faster and tear up ground more...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,615  
With heating season in full swing..... I was out gathering firewood today with my trusty mule. Pics of any tractor with logs split or not welcome:) my mighty bx said , the oil man can kiss my #%^.

View attachment 360389
This is the way I like to get wood a 7 cord load delivered free

Attachments

• free wood.jpg
    free wood.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,618  
Right now we can sell anything. Not many people to give that away.
I got two loads like that. I called is dumb luck. A contractor working on interstate had to take out some trees and get rid of them fast. I was just in the right place at the right time

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,620  
30 degrees yesterday - felt pretty good !! I'm liking that longer bar on my felling saw.

P1020066.JPG

gg

Last edited: