Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,733  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,734  
You came out of hibernation Hunt !! I'm with you on the wild turkey - very good eating.

gg
Yeah, I guess I come and go a little, but I'm still here. And I'm ready to gobble a couple gobblers!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,735  
We used to raise turkeys, so much better tasting than store bought, and cooked faster since they weren't pumped full of water and salt like Butterballs. I've never had wild turkey, a local guy said to either just cook the breasts or get a roaster bag and cook it in there. It's tougher than normal since they never stop moving in the wild, more muscle than lazy store bought.
But smoked sounds delicious!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,736  
I think a lot as to do with the age of the Turkey as well. You raise you control how old they are, Store bought you deal with hormones and other feed additives. If you hunt the massive gobbler it will be several years old ( like trophy buck) not nearly as tender as the younger ones.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,737  
I think a lot as to do with the age of the Turkey as well. You raise you control how old they are, Store bought you deal with hormones and other feed additives. If you hunt the massive gobbler it will be several years old ( like trophy buck) not nearly as tender as the younger ones.
But you dont need to shoot the biggest one, at least I dont. And cooking in a Kamado rights a bunch of evils as well.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,739  
I love wild food and over the years have learned to pick what I like to eat not what looks good on a wall. If someone likes trophies great if they like to eat great as well. If you can do both even better. Except for few nuisance critters I try to use everything I take, even if it just feeds dogs and cats.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,740  
I love wild food and over the years have learned to pick what I like to eat not what looks good on a wall. If someone likes trophies great if they like to eat great as well. If you can do both even better. Except for few nuisance critters I try to use everything I take, even if it just feeds dogs and cats.
Yep, I am definitely not a trophy hunter, just looking for fridge fodder..