Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,041  
Here ya go, some gen-u-ine snakewood!

Resized-20230522-134103-S.jpg

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,042  
A buddy text me today and asked if I wanted to cut a load of firewood, I said sure, so we got everything ready and headed waaay out back, where I had some scrounged logs.

I brought the logs and even whole trees to the wagon, and he cut firewood lengths off them,

Resized-20230521-164151-S.jpg

Some of the logs were decent size,

Resized-20230521-162600-S.jpg

My wagon holds a lot of wood, but it didn't take too long to get a full load,

Resized-20230521-170703-S.jpg

And with that, I hooked up to the wagon and we headed home,

Resized-20230521-171810-S.jpg

We will get it split another day,

SR
Ist this a rerun, or do you have a lot of friends who need firewood? :D

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,044  
What, do you think I just keep recycling old pictures???

SR
I'm just asking. A few months ago you also posted something similar.

I don't really care, it's nice to see something on the thread.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,045  
I'm just asking. A few months ago you also posted something similar.

I don't really care, it's nice to see something on the thread.
Same tractor, same wagon, same buddy... lol Even the same chainsaw, and yes we did it yesterday.

One thing that is new, is he caught the chunks of wood on fire 3 times from the exhaust coming out the front of the muffler, and we had to send his son (with his 3 wheeler) for some water to put the chunks out, they were smoking with glowing embers on them.

Next load we cut, goes to his house.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,046  
Same tractor, same wagon, same buddy... lol Even the same chainsaw, and yes we did it yesterday.

One thing that is new, is he caught the chunks of wood on fire 3 times from the exhaust coming out the front of the muffler, and we had to send his son (with his 3 wheeler) for some water to put the chunks out, they were smoking with glowing embers on them.

Next load we cut, goes to his house.

SR
If that wagon could talk it would be interesting to know how many loads of wood it's hauled... or should I say "Overloads of wood?" :D

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,047  
If that wagon could talk it would be interesting to know how many loads of wood it's hauled... or should I say "Overloads of wood?" :D
Before I pretty much destroyed it, I use to throw small square bales into it, then I sold that baler and used it to pull it behind my corn picker and pick corn into it. lol

I broke the original running gear a couple times overloading it, so I bought a new Horst 10 Ton running gear and put the wagon body on it. It's VERY strong now...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,048  
This red oak blew down having begun to rot in the butt.
It made a higgledy piggledy mess, knocking down a half dozen or so other trees including a 12 inch pine and 8 inch ash.
With the sprangly tops that these oaks have, it was well tensioned in a few places.
To safely buck it into manageable lengths and not pinch the saw, I used a few wedges to keep the kerf open while I sawed away.
The root swell was around 30" so that meant cutting from 2 sides with the 20" bar.
The route to and from the tree was steep and slick but the M handled it fine and had no trouble grappling and lifting the 12 foot butt log.
This will make a great addition to next winters firewood supply.

How are you liking or not liking the new FrostBite grapple fruitcakes ?

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,049  
Here ya go, some gen-u-ine snakewood!

Resized-20230522-134103-S.jpg

SR
I just pulled a bittersweet vine out of a cedar tree this past weekend. It had wrapped and twisted around itself the whole way up the tree, fairly amazing how thick it got so far this year! I put a choker chain on the middle (chest height) and pulled with the loader. Luckily most of it came down from the tree and uprooted at the same time. There's still more on the ground, but at least its not choking out the tree anymore. I dragged it off into the woods to hopefully die before rerooting, and of course it tangled around the axles as I tried to drive away!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,050  
How are you liking or not liking the new FrostBite grapple fruitcakes ?

gg
I like it, compared to using the thumb on the forks it is true logging tool.
With the bypass, it can grab the smallest stick and hold it while the grapple forks could only hold a log if I could stick the grapple teeth in the log and pin it against the forks.
he forks can carry more stems with but that is the only plus for them.