Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,881  
If I ever get a new splitter SR, it will be a TW. . . a lot of your info and my own experience (a friend has one), tells me this is the route to go. :thumbsup:

I love my Timberwolf TW-1, yes the beam may be a little low for some, but the lever is up high enough for me so I can stand upright, I really don't need to lean over during the actual splitting. I know one of the guys on here has a TW-3 that looks absolutely amazing, maybe someday!!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,882  
The biggest draw back to those $100.00 trailers is there's no side stakes to hold the logs on

That's what he meant by "Throw some bunks on one and you can haul one he!! of a load of logs!"

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,883  
That's what he meant by "Throw some bunks on one and you can haul one he!! of a load of logs!"
Right, weld some hoops on there for some 4x4s and presto, bunks. Or fab up some metal log U bunks.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,884  

Good thing your a mid western interpreter, that went over my head and landed in the Belfast bay, but then again that dont take much. In my neck of the woods, (maybe a radius of 20 miles) bunks are no good without stake pockets. Here is my interpretation of stake pockets on bunks, these on this side can swing open if need be.

InkedIMG-1520_LI.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,885  
That is some nice looking firewood. Must be a pleasure to burn
Store wood in a number of places. Here is one of them. You can barely see the tractor in the back with a load of wood. The UTV is needed to stand on the reach high enough to stack up 10 ft

View attachment 580082

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,886  
I think "stake pockets" are the words I should have used, but both stake pockets and bunks are used around here... (and I do plan to add some to one of my running gear)

No matter, "stake pockets" are pretty easy to add and the wagon running gear is a pretty cheap investment...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,887  
Here's my entry in the "lifting big wood onto the splitter" contest..... Normally I flip it up and split vertical but even that is a chore to manhandle the big rounds. This actually worked pretty well. These were 26-30 inch osage orange, 350-400 lbs for a 16-18 inch firewood length.20181123_163021.jpeg20181123_155823.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,888  
Here's my entry in the "lifting big wood onto the splitter" contest..... Normally I flip it up and split vertical but even that is a chore to manhandle the big rounds. This actually worked pretty well. These were 26-30 inch osage orange, 350-400 lbs for a 16-18 inch firewood length.View attachment 580251View attachment 580252

I think that is too big for that splitter!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,889  
locust rounds and cedar being hauled up to the house last winter. Then moving ash rounds in the woods to be stacked this summer.

Attachments

• tractor 2.jpg
    tractor 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 147
  • tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 168
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,890  
locust rounds and cedar being hauled up to the house last winter. Then moving ash rounds in the woods to be stacked this summer.

Nice pile of rounds/logs!