Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #731  
Probably get a b series 5.9 12 valve with a p pump. It doesn't have a huge engine bay I might be able to get a c series 8.2 liter cummins in there.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #732  
Ok here's some pics from today in the woods to get back on subject. I drug a red pine log back in one of my trails to use for a bridge frame to put across were a culvert washed out, I have some 3" thick hemlock boards that I will screw to the logs I want to be able to get my equipment across the bridge . I can't go out in the woods without my helper or she gets jealous .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 158
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #733  
Ok here's some pics from today in the woods to get back on subject. I drug a red pine log back in one of my trails to use for a bridge frame to put across were a culvert washed out, I have some 3" thick hemlock boards that I will screw to the logs I want to be able to get my equipment across the bridge . I can't go out in the woods without my helper or she gets jealous .

Nice pics Andy. Any traction trouble in the snow with unchained tires?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #734  
I have actually been surprised about how good in the the tractor had been without chains, it has also been down in the teens during the day and low single digits or below 0* at night so i think it helps a lot because the snow is a lot crunchier, and the ground seem to be froze up pretty well. And I have only been staying on the trail and haven't been on any with steep hills. I think for next season I will invest in a good set of tire chains though

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #735  
Warmed up to 40* F today so I thought I'd haul some logs back to the house that I cut last summer (cherry & oak)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #736  
Finally getting some firewood cut. Making a new path out through some privet hedge. I have way too much privet hedge. The little Kubota and I are going to eliminate some of it.

15-01-17 570.jpg15-01-17 568.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #737  
Looks like your getting the most out of your tractor. Sure nice to see some sun shine with no snow :)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #738  
image.jpgimage.jpgYesterday I got back in the woods got some work done on my bridge . Got logs across and decking boards layed out . I still need to get back and screw it all together and get the approaches made , I will probably just use gravel for that.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #739  
Just brought some firewood up to the house yesterday.

Attachments

• image-1001950757.jpg
    image-1001950757.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 295