Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #753  
LOL - oh boy. What's the reader's digest version (for how it applied to my pics)?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #754  
LOL - oh boy. What's the reader's digest version (for how it applied to my pics)?

It's like a bad dream. Association only. Some of us see pallets and all the horror and anguish comes rushing back. It was brutal and I for one am trying to repress it. Sort of like trying to forget the day you got sick from eating too many of those orange peanut candies.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #755  
You weren't around TSO for the great "Pallet in Fields" conspiracy. Rivaled the "Life on Mars" cover up.

My theory, quite logically, is that the Martians are involved.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #756  
Quote Originally Posted by dragoneggs View Post
There are some suspicious pallets in the pics... Just saying.

These should be reported to the pallet thread authorities.
NOOoo!! You didn't...Yep, you sure did...:eek:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #757  
Looks like your getting the most out of your tractor. Sure nice to see some sun shine with no snow :)

Funny. I have some kids that would love to see some snow. Maybe not the amount you get though. I have seen your posts. We have had one snow each of the past four winters (anywhere from 2-5"), but we could go another 10 years before it snows again.

I have been testing the B2920's limits. My neighbor saw me hauling firewood in the dirt scoop so he gave me his spare set of hay forks(heavy) and let me borrow his wood box(heavy). I had to take some of the wood out of the box and put it in the FEL. His box is 5x5 and made out of heavy 2" boards. When I build my box I think a 4W x 4.5L from 1" boards will be just right for the 2920.

IMG_5938.jpg

I did a search on "Pallets in the Fields" to see what that was about. I read numerous pages of posts thinking the next one would have the real answer. Is the real answer even contained in the thread anywhere? Funny stuff.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #758  
McRebel maybe 4' long with higher sides would keep the weight closer to the tractor and reduce some of the strain on your 3 point ?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #759  
McRebel maybe 4' long with higher sides would keep the weight closer to the tractor and reduce some of the strain on your 3 point ?

Or do what I do and use an old utility trailer (mine is 4x8). If space allows, that can move a lot of firewood towed behind a tractor, and it worked great behind my old B2920 as well as my new L3200. I generally use that for bulk wood movement as long as there is room to maneuver. For refilling my stack on the front porch, I just use the front bucket and make 2-3 trips. I saw a real big boost in capacity when moving from a B2920 to the L3200 -- probably can carry 60-70% more wood per trip in the front bucket.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #760  

Point well taken. The only reason I thought 4.5' long is so I would have the back 1.5' to toss the saw and gas/oil jugs in the back. Only the front 3' would be for stacking wood on.