Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #851  
image.jpg
Started doing some clean up, some Live and water oaks.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #852  
I've been running short on time so I bought a cord of wood today. Forgot to get a picture while it was in my truck it looks pretty good, a mix of locust, cherry, and red oak. $120 for a cord of split wood, I was happy with that.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #853  
Yeaaaa, I would like to have seen a FULL cord in the back of a std. pu... It would have had to been piled pretty high to make an honest cord...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #854  
i'm with rob^^^ (not saying it can't be done)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #855  
Yeaaaa, I would like to have seen a FULL cord in the back of a std. pu... It would have had to been piled pretty high to make an honest cord... SR

I have an 8' bed so it wasn't bad but it was piled fairly high. It definitely was a cord, the guy had the wood separated into 1 cord stacks, three rows deep, 8' long, and 4' high.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #856  
I have an 8' bed so it wasn't bad but it was piled fairly high. It definitely was a cord, the guy had the wood separated into 1 cord stacks, three rows deep, 8' long, and 4' high.

Remember a cord here in pa is 4Wx 4H x 8L and it will fit in a full size truck but you have to stack every single piece one at a time and it is tight.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #857  
In NH a cord is between 250 to 350 depending on type of wood and whether it's green or seasoned. Great price!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #858  
A cord IS 4'x4'x8' and a pu box may be 8' long, but it's got wheel wells in it ect...

A while back some guy on another forum (I forget what one) was saying he had a cord of wood in his pu.. (he had a pict.) Before long, he was called on it, so another guy took a measured cord and put it in his pu, it was higher than the cab and it weighed so much the back of 1/2 ton HD truck was nearly on the ground... lol

A cord of hardwood works out to over 5,000 pounds...

SR

I want to edit in, he had the tail gate down too...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #859  
A cord IS 4'x4'x8' and a pu box may be 8' long, but it's got wheel wells in it ect...

A while back some guy on another forum (I forget what one) was saying he had a cord of wood in his pu.. (he had a pict.) Before long, he was called on it, so another guy took a measured cord and put it in his pu, it was higher than the cab and it weighed so much the back of 1/2 ton HD truck was nearly on the ground... lol

A cord of hardwood works out to over 5,000 pounds...

SR

i'll give you that green but not seasoned. normally i fit 2/3 of a cord in a full size pickup bed.

the dump truck can only haul 2 cords of green wood, 2.5-3 if it's seasoned

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #860  
Nice, how are those railway ties holding up with the frost, do they move much?

I put a similar base on my wood shed. I made a sill from 6X6 PT. Leveled it up on flat rocks then filled it with 3/4" stone. I was a little worried about the northern Vermont frost but it has been there 10 years and hasn't moved at all.

Built in 2005

DSCF0319.JPG

Last summer still straight as an arrow

CarryAllWood (2).JPG

gg