Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,321  
Here is a video of a cordwood saw that I built a few years ago for my B7100. We heat with wood and were looking for another means of processing the smaller logs that normally would get left behind. I don't think it really saves any time since there is an additional step involved, but I don't have to bend over and prop-up the small logs like I would have to with a chain saw. Plus it is easy to produce very accurate lengths that help with boiler loading efficiency, and the perfectly cut ends make a nice looking stack next to the fireplace..I cut wood because I enjoy the activity, so one more reason to be out in the woods with the tractor is not a bad thing 'ey?
Buzz Rig - YouTube

I like your setup.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,322  
Here is a video of a cordwood saw that I built a few years ago for my B7100. We heat with wood and were looking for another means of processing the smaller logs that normally would get left behind. I don't think it really saves any time since there is an additional step involved, but I don't have to bend over and prop-up the small logs like I would have to with a chain saw. Plus it is easy to produce very accurate lengths that help with boiler loading efficiency, and the perfectly cut ends make a nice looking stack next to the fireplace..I cut wood because I enjoy the activity, so one more reason to be out in the woods with the tractor is not a bad thing 'ey?
Buzz Rig - YouTube

Nice job on that!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,323  
Here a new wood shed in progress its about 8x20.

Attachments

• 8A560887-D85B-42A5-AE2B-18682BB9F234.jpeg
    8A560887-D85B-42A5-AE2B-18682BB9F234.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 188
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,324  
Buzz Rig - YouTube

I like it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,325  
I have a couple of those buzz rigs, I use to use them for sawing up slab wood off my BSM.

standard.jpg

Anyway, I found it's just much easier to grapple a load of slabs and chainsaw them right off my pallet forks, so the buzz rigs just sit unused.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,326  
Here a new wood shed in progress its about 8x20.

very nice shed! might want some access to sides and back though unless you burn through a whole side or whole thing in a year.. I hate moving wood for the sake of moving it and want to burn the oldest first.. what ever I have left over I start with the next fall so I can just refill from where I stopped taking and just take wood from the back the following year..

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,327  
Buzz Rig - YouTube
Nice job, it looks like it came from the factory. I believe that they are about 1700 bucks new.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,328  
View attachment 565680

I don稚 guess it痴 firewood but it痴 wood with a tractor!

Hi SplitHoof,

WELCOME to TBN!!

That looks to me like a good-sized cedar- we do use the ends of the ones we use for landscaping, etc as kindling, I built my version of the [in my opinion overpriced] "Kindling Cracker" to split them fine and easier to catch on fire.

But no one said that it had to be firewood- look at some of the fine-looking lumber Sawyer Rob posts...

What are you planning for it?

PA
718Cu6-eA6L._SX425_.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,329  
Very nice Saw Rig you built KnuckleHead !! Nice video also.

gg