Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,361  
Earlier I said "they used to grow that way here back when King George owned the land"

At this time I would like to retract that statement.
Those big trees are on the way out here as well. I would guess that the 5' tree at the stump was probably 200 years old or so +/-. I have trees 3' a the base on my property that was clear cut around 1800. Other than the miniscule amount of property protected, those big trees will soon be a memory. When they first started logging this area anything 3' and under was considered a weed. Times have changed.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,362  
Those big trees are on the way out here as well. I would guess that the 5' tree at the stump was probably 200 years old or so +/-. I have trees 3' a the base on my property that was clear cut around 1800. Other than the miniscule amount of property protected, those big trees will soon be a memory. When they first started logging this area anything 3' and under was considered a weed. Times have changed.

It was a over 100 years old this patch use to have a mill site on it so stuff was wiped clean for the most part. I’m right around the perfect ground for growing Doug fir for height it can grow fast as well as tall without a ton of taper.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,363  
Dead fall ash to the splitter

Attachments

• Resized_20210904_160451.jpeg
    Resized_20210904_160451.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,364  
That is an impressive mouthful. Curious if you split the crotch section, I usually burn those.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,365  
Ok, not really "tractors and wood" but I'm putting in a new kitchen at my place. Cabinets are hickory that we had made for us, but the counters are oak I took off our place and milled up.
That's going to look great.
Not perfect is indeed character.
In my case, cheap combined with questionable skill is "rustic" and btw, no one ever questions rustic.

You make the floors too?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,366  
Dead fall ash to the splitter
That grapple looks almost ..... mean ! Kind of transformerish
you're going to split that for firewood?

I can't tell one tree from another. Apparently I have a little tamarack at home, but I have no idea if that is good or bad.

The only wood I can identify is Dogwood. And only by it's bark.....

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,368  
Hunt, obviously your feeling a bit insecure with this newfound influencer fame. Thats OK.
These people can help you get to the level you want.

View attachment 712596

I say we start a go fund me for Hunt to get this training.
Oh heck yes, start me a go fund me page!!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,369  
That's going to look great.
Not perfect is indeed character.
In my case, cheap combined with questionable skill is "rustic" and btw, no one ever questions rustic.

You make the floors too?
Thanks...

Never done any floors.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,370  
Oh heck yes, start me a go fund me page!!!
I don’t think that you have what it takes to be an influencer. You worked hard for what you have and I can’t see you saying “Give me something for free and I will give your business a good review.”

I could be wrong on that but-
Nah, you couldn’t do it. :D