Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,251  
Here's a black oak tree limb ... I decided to take a few slabs out of the center. I got 3 nice live edge slabs ... 2" thick and +/- 20" wide.

The rest gets bucked up for firewood.

Attachments

• OakLimbSlab2.jpg
    OakLimbSlab2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,252  
Here's the oak slabs I made .... and a pix of the 3 oak slabs (bottom) and 4 madrone slabs (top.)

Attachments

• OakSlabs3.jpg
    OakSlabs3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • StackSlabs3.jpg
    StackSlabs3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,253  
I have a 20 ton wood splitter with a Honda GC 160 motor, that we can’t keep going. It starts, then sputters and dies. My friend is working on it, and he is an expert in small engines, but can’t figure out what the problem is. Does anyone have one of these motors and has a special problem getting it to stay running?
I did recently, I wrote about it maybe 5-10 pages ago, similar issue. I rebuilt carb about 5 times, drained all the gas put in new, turns out it was the spark plugs, would run 20- 30 seconds and sputter and die, then took 2 minutes to get started again. Plugs are cheap, just try a new one!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,254  
I did recently, I wrote about it maybe 5-10 pages ago, similar issue. I rebuilt carb about 5 times, drained all the gas put in new, turns out it was the spark plugs, would run 20- 30 seconds and sputter and die, then took 2 minutes to get started again. Plugs are cheap, just try a new one!

Already put a new plug in, but haven’t checked for hydro lock. Will try that. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

(Shocked to hear that Honda small engine are not so good)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,255  

Already put a new plug in, no effect. But haven’t checked for hydro lock. Will try that. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

(Shocked to hear that Honda small engines are not so good)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,256  
But haven’t checked for hydro lock.
Had that happen on a motorcycle once. If the carb is passing *way* too much fuel it will get into the crankcase and then everything goes very weird.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,257  
I have a hard running Honda 160.
The engine runs on choke but not on the run setting. The problem might be the governor control adjustment.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,258  
Mine was alcohol damaged carb...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,259  
I have a hard running Honda 160.
The engine runs on choke but not on the run setting. The problem might be the governor control adjustment.
Same here, on a pressure washer.

I haven't tried tuning it yet because it does work and I always seem to have other things to do.

I'm guessing it's over lean from the factory which is overcome with some choke and so I could probably get better performance by adjusting the mixture; one day the pressure washer won't run at all and I'll find out? Haha

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,260  
Pressure washer it is!