Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,551  
First hitch with the 450C, 2 of the basswood logs from the blowdown.
Still have have to cut the butt log free from the stump
What can that winch pull?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,552  
I have not yet given it a real test but I suspect it will haul a 70 foot long, 24" dbh pine with no trouble and likely more judging by what I can move with the M6040 with a Norse 450 winch. The dozer weighs more that twice the Kubota and the winch cable is over twice as thick.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,553  
I have not yet given it a real test but I suspect it will haul a 70 foot long, 24" dbh pine with no trouble and likely more judging by what I can move with the M6040 with a Norse 450 winch. The dozer weighs more that twice the Kubota and the winch cable is over twice as thick.
If you use it much, will you consider getting an arch to get the butts up out of the dirt?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,554  
First hitch with the 450C, 2 of the basswood logs from the blowdown.
Still have have to cut the butt log free from the stump
Expensive way to move logs, but it for sure gets the job done.

I'm stuck, back at rotary cutting!!

Resized-20220713-145730-S.jpg

SR

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,555  
You must have lost weight and gotten skinny. I don't see anyone rotary cutting on that tractor. 🤪

Nice field and nice cut (y)

Why let those trees grow in the field? Or is that a mowing job and not your field?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,556  
We’ve done 125’ Doug fir poles with those little 450 and lined trees with them they’ll do a heck of a lot more then one would think.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,557  
Why let those trees grow in the field? Or is that a mowing job and not your field?
I've probably run over and cut out 50+ of those pines, in that field alone, but it's not my field and it's just being cut because the guy likes the way it looks when it's cut. Actually, I like the way the tree's look too...

It all pays the same for me. lol

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,558  
I've been removing trees from my house pad for the last two weeks sine I got my new bx23s. I dig around them, break the rots and pull them over with a come along. 7 so far. Those is a slice of the biggest so far. It was hollow from ground level up to about 5 foot. 2nd picture shows sometimes they don't fall the way I think they will.

Attachments

• 20220705_122246.jpg
    20220705_122246.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 85
  • 20220712_153405.jpg
    20220712_153405.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 83
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,559  
I've been removing trees from my house pad for the last two weeks sine I got my new bx23s. I dig around them, break the rots and pull them over with a come along. 7 so far. Those is a slice of the biggest so far. It was hollow from ground level up to about 5 foot. 2nd picture shows sometimes they don't fall the way I think they will.
Nice!

I moved all the stumps into this pile with my BX and a grapple. It has surprised me.

View attachment 754138

IMG_20220702_110743512_HDR.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,560  
Those little machines can do amazing things, if you take your time and use some finesse. Just got a big brother for my BX and it takes it to new level. Just pick up stuff I would have to finesse around before. Still learning but it is nice to just drive off with big round bales rather than pushing them about or rolling them up into a truck or trailer.