Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,731  
Helped a neighbor across the lake take down some trees and he didn't want any of the logs!
174221.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,734  
If you remember in an earlier post, I had to get some steering cylinder hoses made for my tractor. The rest of the story is, one end of the hose needed to be a "banjo" fitting, and NO one anywhere around here can make those! I called all over and it was a no-go everywhere!

One hydraulic shop suggested I convert it to a more common fitting, so I agreed,

Resized-20220728-110221-S.jpg

The problem with that was, too many joints, that come loose too easily and then would leak! On top of that, it sets the hose up too high and then the leverage on the fittings, slightly bends them, and they leak!! I was on a job when I figured all of THAT out!

SO, after looking it all over better, off I go to a welding/hydraulic shop I know of, and I KNOW they do really good work. I suggested to them, that they saw the banjo fitting off the old hose, and tig weld it onto something more common and make me another hose! The guy thought about it for a moment and said, "that should work!"

You can see the weld in this pict.,

Resized-20220728-111527-S.jpg

Anyway, fifty dollars later and I have a hose that sets low on the cylinder, stays tight without leaks, and stays that way!

Resized-20220728-111533-S.jpg

SO, off I went to a job to cut out a bunch of pines,

Resized-20220728-121612-S.jpg

some were 5" across, and I took out a bunch of them! AND I managed to put a little more coin in the till! lol

SR

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,735  
If you remember in an earlier post, I had to get some steering cylinder hoses made for my tractor. The rest of the story is, one end of the hose needed to be a "banjo" fitting, and NO one anywhere around here can make those! I called all over and it was a no-go everywhere!

One hydraulic shop suggested I convert it to a more common fitting, so I agreed,

The problem with that was, too many joints, that come loose too easily and then would leak! On top of that, it sets the hose up too high and then the leverage on the fittings, slightly bends them, and they leak!! I was on a job when I figured all of THAT out!

SO, after looking it all over better, off I go to a welding/hydraulic shop I know of, and I KNOW they do really good work. I suggested to them, that they saw the banjo fitting off the old hose, and tig weld it onto something more common and make me another hose! The guy thought about it for a moment and said, "that should work!"

Anyway, fifty dollars later and I have a hose that sets on the cylinder low, stays tight without leaks, and stays that way!

some were 5" across, and I took out a bunch of them! AND I managed to put a little more coin in the till! lol

SR

Great solution on that hose SR (y)

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,736  
Great solution on that hose SR (y)

gg
What I don't understand (about myself) is that from that entire post the first thing which my eye caught was "Banjo", and I suddenly had flashbacks to a certain movie.

I agree with you though. He doesn't have time to chase after hoses.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,737  
What I don't understand (about myself) is that from that entire post the first thing which my eye caught was "Banjo", and I suddenly had flashbacks to a certain movie.
Some things just leave a lasting impression I guess...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,738  
Aint he got a purty mouth?o_O

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,739  

Anyway, fifty dollars later and I have a hose that sets low on the cylinder, stays tight without leaks, and stays that way!

SR
You might look through the Parker catalog seems like if I remember right they make that sort of fitting. Another way to do it is a straight jic out of the cylinder to a short neck 90 on the hose would also be a smaller lift then the 90 male female union they added. Another option is a screw in 90 then the straight jic on the hose.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,740  
You might look through the Parker catalog seems like if I remember right they make that sort of fitting.
I could have ordered the line from AGCO, but that takes time, same as ordering one through a catalog. Then there's making sure you get the right one too...

The line from AGCO would have been more than 50 bucks too, so going to the hydraulic/welding shop is definitely the right answer! It didn't take too long, and I was on my way back to my tractor.

SR