Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,781  
62311.jpeg

My "tractor" went on strike til the real tractor with hydraulics got there.

Kids nowadays.....

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,782  
^^^^^
Is that a new Echo, or is it just better cared for than my two? :D

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,784  
New bar on it. Wife uses the 400 now. She pinched the bar and chain didn't want to go roundy round anymore.

We have a deal, the 310 and 400 is hers and the 490 and 800 are mine.

We like echo

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,785  
New bar on it. Wife uses the 400 now. She pinched the bar and chain didn't want to go roundy round anymore.

We have a deal, the 310 and 400 is hers and the 490 and 800 are mine.

We like echo
I like Husky’s but not the price. I have a 490 and a 590 Echo, plus their biggest brush saw. I bought the 590 for general use around my property, and the smaller saw a couple of years later for doing property lines. Yet it's become the saw that I use most, partly because it's light but mostly because it cost less so better to be bouncing around in the box in the bed of the truck.

I plan to pick up their electric saw. I could keep it behind the seat without worrying about gas leaking, and there is no warm up time if I just want to cut a tree out of the road.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,786  
I plan to pick up their electric saw. I could keep it behind the seat without worrying about gas leaking, and there is no warm up time if I just want to cut a tree out of the road.

I here you on the gas leaks. I like Husky's too. But if the tank gets pressurized in the sun or hot truck mine smell gassy. They ate oldish. Maybe the newer saws are better. Good idea on the battery saw. How do you think the batteries hold up in the cold.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,787  
Their stoneage simple design is kinda nice sometimes.

I thought about a battery operated one to keep in the bed box for a quick cut on a tree on the road. Saves having to grab gas and saw.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,788  
I here you on the gas leaks. I like Husky's too. But if the tank gets pressurized in the sun or hot truck mine smell gassy. They ate oldish. Maybe the newer saws are better. Good idea on the battery saw. How do you think the batteries hold up in the cold.

gg

If the batteries are like the ones in our jump boxes, I wouldn't be worried about it. I don't know though, that's also one of my concerns.

Here in MI, my trucks sit out in the cold. Each ones has one of those compact jump boxes and after winter, still at 90% and last for a jump. Had to jump over our dump truck with a 460. Last charged was last fall sometime. Ole girl fired right up and box was still at 89%.

Batteries have come along way

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,789  
I have a Dewalt battery one, works pretty well but its a smaller one, 12" bar. Its on my tractor all the time. Problem is is just a gravity oil feed if you dont empty it after use it all leaks out.
I have an echo 501P that works great for me.. good size and lots of power!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,790  
I keep an extra gallon of water in the truck all winter. (2 gallons in summer) I throw a blanket over it at night and as long as I bring it in on weekends or times when I don't use the truck daily it doesn't freeze very badly. The battery should be fine since it will be in the cab . Like my skilsaw, I probably will take it out for safety reasons anyways.