Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,791  
I here you on the gas leaks. I like Husky's too. But if the tank gets pressurized in the sun or hot truck mine smell gassy. They ate oldish. Maybe the newer saws are better. Good idea on the battery saw. How do you think the batteries hold up in the cold.

gg
How new are we talking pressurizing on the tank I’ve only seen once on my old 562 but the temps were high in the 90’s it was past time to go home for the day.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,792  
4F21CABA-6B58-4D29-BD88-8BB7ED0F30D6.jpeg

Echo vs the 3120 both are “stock” that big old echo sounds like a Harley.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,793  
I have a Dewalt battery one, works pretty well but its a smaller one, 12" bar. Its on my tractor all the time. Problem is is just a gravity oil feed if you dont empty it after use it all leaks out.
I have an echo 501P that works great for me.. good size and lots of power!
Hunt, I bought a GreenWorks Pro 80V a while back and - after reading your statement - I just went to the garage and looked; it's been sitting on the cardboard box it came in since I last used it and it was left with oil in the tank. No mess on the box at all. I don't know if it's gravity oil feed (probably is though, as I assume all electrics would be similar) so - not knocking your Dewalt, but it appears that not all electric saws leak. Guess I just got "unexpectedly" lucky for once! Another brand to consider!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,794  
Never got into motorcycles, not enough wheels for me!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,795  
Finally getting going on the latest logging job.
Used the 450C to build the landing and push out some access roads.
You can just see the Johnny behind the trees in the 2nd shot.
Cut and hauled the first of many large pines. That piece is 45 feet log, 20" at the butt.
It yielded a 12, 14 and 16 foot logs. About 460 bf. 9 more of them and I will have the first load.

Attachments

• landing.JPG
    landing.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 108
  • dozer road.JPG
    dozer road.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 113
  • dozer log.JPG
    dozer log.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 108
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,796  
Another quick load this morning. Had to pull 2 large limbs over so they wouldn't end up on the fence. Have the controlled pulling power of the tractor sure is nice.
PXL_20220803_172741531.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,797  
Finally getting going on the latest logging job.
Used the 450C to build the landing and push out some access roads.
You can just see the Johnny behind the trees in the 2nd shot.
Cut and hauled the first of many large pines. That piece is 45 feet log, 20" at the butt.
It yielded a 12, 14 and 16 foot logs. About 460 bf. 9 more of them and I will have the first load.

Looking good fruitcakes (y) Curious though, what made you decide to skid with the 450 instead of the M6040?? It should be able to handle a log like that too.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,798  
Looking good fruitcakes (y) Curious though, what made you decide to skid with the 450 instead of the M6040?? It should be able to handle a log like that too.

gg
Access to the interior of this woodlot is quite marginal at best and would need a lot more work to make it safe for the M.
With the 450 I can just cruise right in, grab the trees and go.
It really is a game changer for me as much of my property is like this site and tractor access just is not in the cards.
The M is handy on the landing with the grapple forks stacking and sorting logs and in those area that are tractor friendly I will use it to skid as it is faster and smoother than the 450.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,800  
Here's one.

Attachments

• IMG_20220801_190028.jpg
    IMG_20220801_190028.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 113