Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,851  
I've only delivered white pine to two very local places. One a family owned mill and the other a good sized log yard that has a Hancock buyer/scaler come around regularly. They both do it the same way. They want the branches trimmed flush with the log and they measure (by eye mostly) the largest diameter of the colored part of the knot. Sounds exact to say 3" red knot or 2" black knot max but it is still open to a lot of interpertation based on where and how many knots and what the rest of the log looks like or the log price. Higher prices brings more scrutiny.

gg
Sometimes higher prices do, that’s where special order stuff come into play such as fender logs or floating logs being big money for not so good logs. We will see a size of knot such as 1” radius some times it’s 1” circumference depending on which grade as well as where it’s going.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,854  
It seems to be and I could probably held out for a higher number but this allows me to get more of the lower grade logs out and sold at a decent price
Do they cover the trucking fees, or does that come out of your check?
Either way that's a nice nest egg, and a good incentive to go back at it. 👍

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,855  
Do they cover the trucking fees, or does that come out of your check?
Either way that's a nice nest egg, and a good incentive to go back at it. 👍
Comes out of my check and we start up again tomorrow. Supposed to only be in the 70's and less humid.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,856  
I've done some more thinning, on and off, on a section of mostly hardwood pole timber. This where I left off last time.

22_7_9-3.jpg

It now looks like this.

22_8_8-1.JPG

22_8_8-2.jpg

I'm going to put a tractor road thru here and keep on going.

22_7_22.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,857  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,858  
Just curious as to how much a single log, say 12" diameter, 16' long would be worth at that price.