Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #11  
8 years is the problem--I never go even 5 years irrespective of wear.

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #12  
No, you do not run LT tires on a trailer, that is what ST tires are for.
I hope you are joking..

ST tires are not 'passenger rated' and thus are not as well constructed and have a tendency to run hotter and blow more often.

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #13  
No, you do not run LT tires on a trailer, that is what ST tires are for.
The words of an amateur who knows only the things he reads online.

Go put a proper rated LT by a reputable company like the BFG KO2 on and you'll have to try to invent new ways to blow tires.

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #14  
The words of an amateur who knows only the things he reads online.

Go put a proper rated LT by a reputable company like the BFG KO2 on and you'll have to try to invent new ways to blow tires.
Listen to you, the keyboard warrior. You ever get nailed in an inspection running LT tires on a trailer, you will be sorry.

KO2 are over rated garbage, absolutely horrible in snow and slush.

Check with your insurance company, you will find out real fast that you are wrong.

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #15  
I hope you are joking..

ST tires are not 'passenger rated' and thus are not as well constructed and have a tendency to run hotter and blow more often.
ST tires have a stiffer sidewall than LT tires, this reduces flexing under load.

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #16  

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #17  
You ever get nailed in an inspection running LT tires on a trailer, you will be sorry.

KO2 are over rated garbage, absolutely horrible in snow and slush.

Check with your insurance company, you will find out real fast that you are wrong.
That must be a Canadian thing. No such problem in the United States. I've never had a problem with inspections.

Never used those tires, but my trailers don't have drive axles, so just follow my pickup.

My insurance company makes no such demands.

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #18  
I found this on the web, so I know its true!

ST tires are designed for use on trailer axle positions only. They are not designed for the load or traction requirements of a drive or steering axle. ST tires have strengthened sidewalls to prevent the tire from rolling under the rim in turns and when cornering. All ST tires have a maximum speed rating of 65 mph.

or

LT tires typically have a significantly higher load capacity than passenger tires but a lower load capacity than ST tires. The 125 indicates a load capacity of 3,640 pounds per tire. Consult a load capacity chart. Also check to see that the trailer wheels can handle the maximum pressure

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #19  
The speed rating of 65 seems to be old information. At one time all ST tires were 65 mph, but some of them now are rated for 81 mph. The link goes to etrailer and it shows higher speeds for some of their tires. On the left column part way down you can select for a particular speed rated tire.

Trailer Tire Link

/ Trailer (ST rated) Tires Cracking on Inside Edge #20  
The speed rating of 65 seems to be old information. At one time all ST tires were 65 mph, but some of them now are rated for 81 mph. The link goes to etrailer and it shows higher speeds for some of their tires. On the left column part way down you can select for a particular speed rated tire.

Trailer Tire Link
That's true, the ones I bought for both trailers last year say they are good to 80ish MPH (don't remember the exact speed). Not that I would ever to that hot anyway.