Tree Removal

/ Tree Removal #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
Okay, so I'm stuck here in the burbs, hundreds of miles from my tractor, so I'm groping for some of that country chore feeling. Best I could do was watch the removal, city style, of the tree next door, which died mysteriously almost overnight. (No, I didn't do it just for the story. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif)

Ever notice how easy some things are when you have the right tools? What would have taken me at least a weekend, a lot of blood, sweat and tears, plus a couple of trips to the hospital, took these 2 guys almost exactly one hour. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

See if the attached photos don't give you some ideas for some nifty new tools. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

Attachments

• 6-74715-TreeRemove.jpg
    6-74715-TreeRemove.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 77
   / Tree Removal
After watching the thing in action, I'm convinced I've found my chipper. I tried to snap shots (see attached) of what they were throwing into this beast. Heck, I've used smaller stuff for Yule logs. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif
Anybody want to get me one of these for Christmas? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

Attachments

• 6-74716-BigChipper.jpg
    6-74716-BigChipper.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 70
   / Tree Removal #3  
Harv,

That's a chipper all right! Notice the guy with the backward hat doesn't seem to be wearing any hearing protection (unless he's got those little foam things in his ears)...

The GlueGuy

/ Tree Removal #4  
Nice equipment, Harv. Except for color, that looks like the equipment the contractor was using to clear along the power lines in my neighborhood a couple of years ago. I let them leave it parked by my barn at night for a few nights and they dumped 3 truckloads of those wood chips for me to plow into my garden. Sure hope they come back soon.

And speaking of equipment, my brother bought (for $.50 a foot) two 34' used utility poles from our electric co-op today, borrowed a neighbor's hay trailer to haul them, and I took my tractor to extricate them from the pile and load them on the trailer. When we got the poles loaded and I put the tractor back on the trailer, my brother went inside to pay for the poles and came back out laughing. He said the woman inside told him we sure caused problems; that two of the employees working out back had already come inside to tell the boss they needed a tractor like those guys were using./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird