Trouble Shooting Emax 22 HP - Electrical issue

/ Trouble Shooting Emax 22 HP - Electrical issue #1  

Atchuuu

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 HSTC
A friend of mine recently purchased a Mahindra Emax. He has only used it a handful of times and has run into a couple issues. The most recent issue was a blown 40 amp fuse. He replaced the fuse and it blew again right away. The shop picked it up for him. He says they told him they cannot duplicate the issue and that it is ready for pick up. The shop stated they don't see any issues with the wiring or obvious causes.

He is hesitant to pick it up since they did not find the issue but they say it is running fine now.

What do you guys/gals think the issue is?

Last edited:
   / Trouble Shooting Emax 22 HP - Electrical issue #2  
A friend of mine recently purchased a Mahindra Emax. He has only used it a handful of times and has run into a couple issues. The most recent issue was a blown 40 amp fuse. He replaced the fuse and it blew again right away. The shop picked it up for him. He says they told him they cannot duplicate the issue and that it is ready for pick up. The shop stated they don't see any issues with the wiring or obvious causes.

He is hesitant to pick it up since they did not find the issue but they say it is running fine now.

What do you guys/gals think the issue is?

Maybe a rodent chewed on the wiring causing a short and the jar of taking to the dealer moved the wire . I had a mouse cause a non start issue and that was the cause.

/ Trouble Shooting Emax 22 HP - Electrical issue
Maybe a rodent chewed on the wiring causing a short and the jar of taking to the dealer moved the wire . I had a mouse cause a non start issue and that was the cause.

I should have been more specific and mentioned that the dealer said they inspected all of the wiring and found no loose wiring and no issues. Plus the thing is really just a couple of months old. My friend is worried about picking it up again and getting stuck again. Thankfully he has warranty but this is the second issue he has had. The first had something to do with the drive and not staying in gear. Didn't mention that at first because it didn't seem related.

/ Trouble Shooting Emax 22 HP - Electrical issue #4  
Any update on the problem

Any update on the problem

Big Chief - No. My friend texted me this morning and said he ran the tractor for an hour and then it blew the fuse again. He is pretty unhappy right now as he uses it for work. The first issue he had was a "shift fork" that was not made correctly according to the dealer.

Dealer has been working with him but it has been in the shop more longer than at his house. Hoping someone on here can offer a suggestion.

/ Trouble Shooting Emax 22 HP - Electrical issue #6  
Big Chief - No. My friend texted me this morning and said he ran the tractor for an hour and then it blew the fuse again. He is pretty unhappy right now as he uses it for work. The first issue he had was a "shift fork" that was not made correctly according to the dealer.

Dealer has been working with him but it has been in the shop more longer than at his house. Hoping someone on here can offer a suggestion.
with the fuse either blown, or removed, use a voltmeter to find the side of the fuse that don't have power, trace that wire carefully for cuts and look at what it connects to, something is fooling everyone into thinking that part didn't go bad, but it did intermittently.. something is grounding to the chassis after a bit of use of the tractor..

Do any of you think it could be related to the dealer replacing the "shift fork"? Buyer is wondering if it could be related to that.

/ Trouble Shooting Emax 22 HP - Electrical issue #8  
I have the Emax 22. I had the wiring harness that runs from the rear of the tractor to the steering column under the center beneath the fenders and seat wear through and cause a intermittent short. There was a small voltage reading on the ground. Not enough to light the test, multi meter detected it.

I have the Emax 22. I had the wiring harness that runs from the rear of the tractor to the steering column under the center beneath the fenders and seat wear through and cause a intermittent short. There was a small voltage reading on the ground. Not enough to light the test, multi meter detected it.

Thanks. I will let him know. It is only a couple months old so it is hard to believe a harness or wire has worn through and it is kept in his rodent free garage but anything is possible.

/ Trouble Shooting Emax 22 HP - Electrical issue #10  
2 main spots this will happen... behind the ECU the wires of the harness make a hard bend and will rub against the metal.. you wont be able to see it until you get a look at the back side of the wires which means taking apart a lot of stuff. Another is the wires for the front headlight can be loose and getting pinched when the hood is closed it wont tear and is very hard to see the exposed wire but I fought one for days until I found this issue... can always check the wires under the seat also for the safety switch being pinched when someone sits down as well