truck tire

/ truck tire #1  

Rockbadchild

Veteran Member
Tractor
2076E Massey Ferguson
What is the best pickup truck tires you ever own ??

For me its the Open country A/T, they are super quiet on the road, mud traction is impressive ( for their small tread) and snow traction is phenomenal, I rate these tires 10/10.

1642519505260.jpeg

/ truck tire #2  
Michelin hand's down. Out of thousands sold through a tire dealership over a period of 8 years,never saw one with tread seperation and maybe 10 with mfgr's defect. No other brand sold came close to that level of reliability,not even close!

/ truck tire
Michelin hand's down. Out of thousands sold through a tire dealership over a period of 8 years,never saw one with tread seperation and maybe 10 with mfgr's defect. No other brand sold came close to that level of reliability,not even close!

Maybe I will give the XPS Traction a try next set..

/ truck tire #4  
Had an old 91 GMC V35 with michelin xps's on it. had about 1500lbs of rock in the bed and couldn't back up on flat wet grass had to put it in 4wd. Never did put much mileage on that truck especially in the winter so can't really vouch for long term reliability. I can say they don't hold up well to lightning strikes but I doubt any tire would.

/ truck tire
Had an old 91 GMC V35 with michelin xps's on it. had about 1500lbs of rock in the bed and couldn't back up on flat wet grass had to put it in 4wd. Never did put much mileage on that truck especially in the winter so can't really vouch for long term reliability. I can say they don't hold up well to lightning strikes but I doubt any tire would.

Thank, for the info ... LMAO ya no tires hold up against a lighting strike see the 777 below

1642524418558.png

/ truck tire #6  
Firestone Steeltex was my favorite, They were fairly quiet on the road, had decent mud and snow traction, best part was they would last 70K miles, I had 2 sets last that long on Diesel F250's before they were discontinued .

Michelin's are over rated to me. I have had them on new trucks as OEM and they have decent snow/ice traction and are very quiet but they never last over 50k. Our 2018 Fusion car came with Michelin's and I just had to get new tires at 42K miles as the tread wore quickly and became very slick on just a moist road. I planned to keep them until 50K but we went around an outside corner at about 35-40mph on a damp road and did a full slide for a couple seconds, luckily we stayed on the road but that prompted tire replacement to be sooner.

I have heard good things about the Toyo Open Country and Nitto Grappler's II ( I think it was), Thought about trying them when the F350 needs tires if they are not too much more expensive than some other tires with 65K mileage offering at the time.

/ truck tire #7  
I just sold my old 1992 F-150 to my stepson. I put Michelin XC-LT4's on it YEARS ago. They NEVER leaked. Rotated once, they had 60000 on them and still look like they have 60000 more.

90% of tire life is alignment for the way the vehicle is going to be used and based on the geometry of the steering. With an old Ford twin I-Beam, towing the front tires in about 1/2 degree, and cambering out about 1/2 degree with about 2 degrees of negative caster will make the front tires straight and parallel at interstate speeds. Otherwise, those old trucks would eat the inside edges off the fronts in pretty short order if you aligned to factory spec. They handle just a little weird in the city, but most of the mileage on my old truck was highway mileage.

My second preference is the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A. They're made in the same plant with the Michelins. I've worked on the machines that make process the rubber for all components of the tire, core, sidewall, and tread. If there's a better tire than either of those, I haven't had to find it.

/ truck tire
I just sold my old 1992 F-150 to my stepson. I put Michelin XC-LT4's on it YEARS ago. They NEVER leaked. Rotated once, they had 60000 on them and still look like they have 60000 more.

90% of tire life is alignment for the way the vehicle is going to be used and based on the geometry of the steering. With an old Ford twin I-Beam, towing the front tires in about 1/2 degree, and cambering out about 1/2 degree with about 2 degrees of negative caster will make the front tires straight and parallel at interstate speeds. Otherwise, those old trucks would eat the inside edges off the fronts in pretty short order if you aligned to factory spec. They handle just a little weird in the city, but most of the mileage on my old truck was highway mileage.

My second preference is the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A. They're made in the same plant with the Michelins. I've worked on the machines that make process the rubber for all components of the tire, core, sidewall, and tread. If there's a better tire than either of those, I haven't had to find it.
I had the BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A I thought they where good but I did find they wear up quickly that's the reason I didn't go back with them

/ truck tire #10  
I got 60K on the OE set. So, I put a set just like 'em back on the truck (just before I bought it from fleet. ;)). Happy with the tires, but not so much with the OE discs. Gonna have to upgrade to something that doesn't rust so easily, groove, and wear out pads. The do like to be inflated pretty hard to make them last. The tire pressure warning comes on at 45PSI, and I run 60 PSI in 'em. If I put the rated 80PSI in them, it feels like Fred Flintstone's stone tires. I put the same pressure in front and rear just so there's no confusion at rotation time as to what pressure goes where. I don't put nearly the mileage on them as I used to, so these will probably last me a very long time. There's all but no difference in a BF Goodie and a Michelin in quality. As I said, they're made in the same plant.

Do you know what T/A stands for?