Trucktor--when a CUT just won't cut it

/ Trucktor--when a CUT just won't cut it
That's neat!

Are the large objects over the truck's rear wheels for ballast?

Looks like he's using a load of railroad ties for ballast on the rear axle. He's pulling a pretty impressive (and heavy) no-till planter so he needs a lot of weight on those rear tires. I wonder if a rig like that is street legal and, if so, what kind of top speed he gets with all that rubber on the rear axle.

/ Trucktor--when a CUT just won't cut it #7  
Looks like they just do not have a tractor big enought to pull that massive planter...way out of CUT territory..

/ Trucktor--when a CUT just won't cut it #8  
That is cool. The most obvious problem seems to be that the operator can't see an attachment on the 3 point.

Or on the FEL. The front hood seems to obstruct the view quite a bit. I do like the idea of have the 3PH on the front and rear. Is the PTO also on the front and rear? That could make for some interesting options (e.g. snowblower).

And it has plenty of power (50HP) and good hydraulic flow (14GPM) so you could run all kinds of SSQA implements off this as well.

This machine seems really good at first, but as with most machines that try to do everything, they usually don't do any one thing very well.

And despite being assembled from major brand components, I'd be most worried about maintaining this thing. Finding parts in a few years could be a nightmare...

HH

/ Trucktor--when a CUT just won't cut it #9  
Guys -

Don't forget the original:

252506d1249319505-unimog-411-3pt-hitch-wh82321sv1.jpg

-mike