TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
What is the best and experience? I got a gallon of Red Armor. We have e-gas here and it's terrible. Not cheap but is it worth it???

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #2  
I found a nearby gas station that has 91 octane ethanol free fuel I buy for my two stroke fuel. If you goggle “ethanol free gas” you can find where you can buy it. Pure-gas.org is the website. I have to drive about 15 miles to buy it but still cheaper than the premade stuff.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??
Not my question and it's hard to find here anyway. I want some input on the syn fuel.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #4  
i use the stihlbrand and like it, no experience with other two.
use because I have intermittent use of chain saw. For blower I use ethanol free gas. I am lucky that neighborhood station has it

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #5  
Never heard of Red Armor……Sorry

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #6  
I found a nearby gas station that has 91 octane ethanol free fuel I buy for my two stroke fuel. If you goggle “ethanol free gas” you can find where you can buy it. Pure-gas.org is the website. I have to drive about 15 miles to buy it but still cheaper than the premade stuff.
Great! Are you willing to truck it to us?
I tried "goggling" it over a decade ago. In the Washington DC area I needed a formal relationship with an airport to buy ethanol free even at a relatively small local airport.
In Mississippi it's around, but virtually all 87 octane.
I usually carry 5 gallons of ethanol free back to Alexandria, Va. every return trip.
I've only used Tru-Fuel when eth-free wasn't available to mix.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #7  
I like mixing my own two stroke fuel because I can run the oil I like. The closest station with E0 is over an hour away and it's $2/gallon more then E10. So I run E10. With fuel stabilizer (which I'd use anyhow as its hard to know how long my gas will sit) I have had no problems with any of my equipment. Even the machines like the lawnmower that sit all winter with gas in the carburetor.

In my area Pure-gas.org is not accurate, showing stations that I know no longer carry E0 or race gas. Call to make sure before you drive far.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #8  
I use SEF-94 40:1 , not cheap put it's the best out there. I have a Sunoco a couple of towns over with 91 E0 that I run for the "gas hogs".

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #9  
I can't speak to ready made pre-mix, But I can share something abut the oil. I have always used Stihl synthetic with god results. Recently, I bought a ported and modified Echo from a saw builder who has a great reputation. He recommended Red Armor. He said Stihl oil is good, but Red Armor is better.

edit (I meant good results, although, I would have been thrilled with God results!)

Last edited:
   / TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #10  
I use Stens 40- l. 50-1 is too lean especially with todays hot running engines.