Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #1  

Krash

Tractor
Farm Pro 2425
Hello, first post here.

I bought a Farm Pro 2425 about a year ago. It worked great all last summer.

I went to start it for first time this year, and nothing. No click, no lights, no gauges, just zero. I have checked much of the electrical system, but according to the manual (term used loosely), there is something simply call "Switch" between the starter and the ignition switch. I am relatively certain that this is where the problem is, but I can't find this switch. Maybe it is a clutch switch, but I don't know.

Just FYI, battery good, starter turns engine over fine when I jump the starter, so I am pretty sure this is in this mysterious "Switch".

Hope someone can help?

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #2  
Probably a safety switch like a PTO lever that got bumped. The other common one is the seat and or seatbelt switch. My guess it’s an easy tool-less fix.....once you find what got bumped or switched.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #3  
Battery ground cable? Easy to check.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights.
Battery ground cable? Easy to check.

Checked the ground, and all is good. I will just keep looking for some sort of safety switch.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #5  
That’s what it sounds like to me a safety switch. Is it getting fuel to injectors, I know very little about that tractor. You may have to go to the Chinese section and post there to get help.

Maybe I am in the wrong place? The manual I got with it says it is a HHJM 18-30A and is made by Mahindra. Can anyone point me to the right place to post my question?

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #7  
If you aren’t a big dude take your knee and push it into the seat as you try to start it. Sometimes the seat gets stiff and or the seat switch gets out of wack.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #8  
Hello, first post here.

I bought a Farm Pro 2425 about a year ago. It worked great all last summer.

I went to start it for first time this year, and nothing. No click, no lights, no gauges, just zero. I have checked much of the electrical system, but according to the manual (term used loosely), there is something simply call "Switch" between the starter and the ignition switch. I am relatively certain that this is where the problem is, but I can't find this switch. Maybe it is a clutch switch, but I don't know.

Just FYI, battery good, starter turns engine over fine when I jump the starter, so I am pretty sure this is in this mysterious "Switch".

Hope someone can help?

Ok, well lets start with what you said.

Battery is good.
If you run direct power to starter, it works.

BUT, when you try to turn on the ignition, there is nothing.

That's not a safety switch. A safety switch stops you from starting the engine. It doesn't cut all electrical power on the entire machine.

I would check your fuses. power goes from the battery to the ignition switch. from the ignition switch to the ECU, which then tells everything to work, how to work, and when to work.

I know nothing about your tractor, but on my 3550, the battery is under the hood at the front. There is also a small cluster of relays and a main power fuse. Check that first. Then look for the other fuse box. On my 3550 it's located at the bottom left of the steering column area, at the front of the "cab" floor.

There's a main ECU fuse and several other fuses.

Your ignition switch isn't sending power to the ecu, etc (assuming it's all electronic since you bought it last year). Or it's not even getting power to allow it to send it.

If you can't find a main fuse out, then I'd inspect the switch itself. You stored it over winter, it wouldn't be uncommon for a rodent to get in there and chew on some wires. you can disassemble the steering column and check the ignition switch/key.

Really just need a test light and start working your way from the battery to the ignition switch.

Atleast that's my train of thought right now. On my 3550 it's not very hard to follow the harness from the battery to the steering column and then the ecu..

Last edited:
Thanks MatHaas

You have described the situation just as it is. Except, I don't remember what year the tractor is. I bought it used last year, so I don't know if it has an ECU.

All fuses are good. I have two relays on the fuse block, and they test good. I also have some sort of heat sink on the fuse block too, but not sure how to test it. I will look for the other fuses you mentioned. I have a 4 pole ignition switch, and none of the poles have any power. The only fuse that has power is the top one which is 30 amps. I think it is the main power fuse. All other fuses have no power.

/ Turn key and nothing. No start, no gauges, no lights. #10  
Thanks MatHaas

You have described the situation just as it is. Except, I don't remember what year the tractor is. I bought it used last year, so I don't know if it has an ECU.

All fuses are good. I have two relays on the fuse block, and they test good. I also have some sort of heat sink on the fuse block too, but not sure how to test it. I will look for the other fuses you mentioned. I have a 4 pole ignition switch, and none of the poles have any power. The only fuse that has power is the top one which is 30 amps. I think it is the main power fuse. All other fuses have no power.

Take some pics if you can. Take a picture of your tractor in general. And where you're working at too. I can do some Googling or look on the Mahindra Parts Catalog to try and help trace it down.

Ok, so lets go over what you found here.
So your ignition switch has zero power coming to it on any of the connections. So the issue is power from the battery to the ignition. I wouldn't chase anything further down the line than that at this time.

So if you found a fuse that has power, you know that power from the battery is reaching that point. Now the disconnect is somewhere from that fuse to the ignition switch.

I'd need to see pictures to try and understand where you're working.
A 30 amp fuse is small for a main fuse. The ECU fuse is 30 amps on my tractor, but the main fuse right off of the battery is definitely rated much higher..

really, the best thing I can suggest is physically following the entire harness. That's what I'd do. With a test light. The battery negative is connected to the chassis. The positive should go to a main fuse and then be run it's way to some relays, another fuse block maybe and the ignition switch. I personally would just physically follow it the whole way, looking for damage or a disconnect.