tv antenna

/ tv antenna
i went ahead and built the wire hanger antenna. it works very well for 2 channels, nbc and cbs. no reception of fox. i think placing it outside and higher will help.

/ tv antenna #32  
try and do a "full re-scan" of all channels after hooking up a new antenna. it might tune itself, in better. rg6 is cable i am using between antenna and tv.

/ tv antenna #33  
Oh me... Just make an antenna. Easy. I made one from some #12 copper wiring and old black plastic pipe I had - cost - free. Search here:

startpage.com

And type in homemade antenna. You'll find some good instructions. Mine picks up 10 digital channels - we don't have a choice - ALL broadcast has been digital for a few years.

/ tv antenna #34  
I also could pick up all the digital channels on a small indoor antenna, but to pick up fox I needed the outside antenna.

/ tv antenna
anyone know why i can get fox at night but not during the day?

/ tv antenna #37  
Maybe the signal is stronger at night?

We had a radio station that was allowed full strength only certain hours...

/ tv antenna
IMG_0338.jpg

this is my antenna.

/ tv antenna #39  
anyone know why i can get fox at night but not during the day?
Foxes are nocturnal?
If that were the case he would get reception during the day because the Fox would be out at night.
Actually, depending on the frequency of the station and geography you may be getting it on a skip which happens in the cool of the night when the ionosphere comes down and it bounces right on top of your house. When the sun comes up the ionosphere goes up and the skip goes away.