TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly...

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #281  
I watched about 3 episodes and gave up. I really would rather read the books. I've been watching old John Wayne movies and even that takes about 3-4 nights, with multiple brakes breaks. The one I've been watching is one of his few "Romances", the main reason I'm still viewing it is for the ending, to see if it's based on a book which I vaguely remember reading for English class over 50 years ago.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #282  
I watched about 3 episodes and gave up. I really would rather read the books. I've been watching old John Wayne movies and even that takes about 3-4 nights, with multiple brakes breaks. The one I've been watching is one of his few "Romances", the main reason I'm still viewing it is for the ending, to see if it's based on a book which I vaguely remember reading for English class over 50 years ago.

Definitely read the books first. Reading is 1000x better than any TV or movie.

But - after reading the books I enjoyed the shows. The actor - to me - is a very good Bosch.

MoKelly

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #283  
Definitely read the books first. Reading is 1000x better than any TV or movie.

But - after reading the books I enjoyed the shows. The actor - to me - is a very good Bosch.
Never heard of this particular show, but I can't offhand think of any movies/tv shows that were based on books that did the book justice. Usually waay too many liberties taken with the plot. I get why, but more often than not the end result is disappointing.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #284  
Here's a good one on Youtube...
if you want to laugh your tail off.
It's the pilot pitch for the Beverly Hillbillies and apparently was never aired.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #285  
It's the pilot pitch for the Beverly Hillbillies and apparently was never aired.
i can't watch now but i think i've already seen it on tv. i told a friend a while ago, they used to have a different name.

my free internet tv has a channel that shows hillbillies 24/7. I keep it on all day just for company.

I will check it out later but if memory serves, they were all a bit tuffer, more coarse, like the very early simpsons.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #286  
We watch a lot of TV.
I assume everyone's heard of the big popular stuff, but here's a few TV series that you might have missed;

I don't know why this didn't get more traction. It's a regular US production, well written and produced.
Rectify ( Rectify (TV Series 2013–2016) - IMDb )

This Greek series is amazing, really top class in all respects, but you have to read subtitles. It grabbed us from start to finish.
To nisi (the island)

The bureau of legends (French) is pretty good;

The Bureau (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb

Fauda is an Israeli action thing we enjoyed, even though we are not fans of Israel or action series.

"My brilliant friend" is a really good historic Italian chick flick.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #287  

That was funny. I've seen something very similar on TV, because I remembered several of the jokes. My gut feel is that an edited version of that was on TV. If nothing else, the YouTube video was too long to fit into a 30 minute time slot.

I didn't recall the opening narration or the ending scenes, after they were running away from their new house.

I can't remember if it originally aired with a different show name, but I think an editor did a good job on that. I think "The Beverly Hillbillies" has a better ring to it than "The Hillbillies of Beverly Hills."

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #288  
thanks for the recommendation, we'll give it a try.

We just watched "Squid game".
It was ok, but nowhere near meriting the massive hype.

We started with English dub but switched to original language and English subtitles, which is better.
The dubbing misses the intonation, which is important.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #289  
The Crown series on Netflix is pretty good. It follows the royal family from the mid 1930’s forward. Brings to light some British history I was unaware of.

/ TV shows...the good, bad and the ugly... #290  
Started Peaky Blinders. On episode 4 and really enjoying it.
:)
Loved that one! 'Boardwalk Empire' is another one to check out.