Two things I will never understand in life...

/ Two things I will never understand in life... #61  
With identity theft today one needs to check on their young kids credit. I took an identity theft maybe 10 years ago where a kid was looking for college loans and his identity was shot by some dirt bag who ran his credit into the ground. Good luck straightening that out.

/ Two things I will never understand in life... #62  
Lot of chat about tires so I'll throw my one of my episodes.

My CUT rears were scary weather checked so for peace of mind I decided to install a new pair.
They installed a new pair (Goodrich), tubes an ballast and the bill was about$1000.
That was in Oct and come April I was removing my chains to find them checked almost as bad as were the old pulls.
So they said no problem, we'll replace them but we need the pulls and added that they could not get new ones.
So was I to ride on rims?

Long and short is , after much arguing, the finally settled for 50% by check (for tires only) so I'm out of pocket for $500+. and still have crappy checked tires.

Earlier on, on a company car they installed radial snow tires when my fronts were biased.
Man that led to a crazy wild ride. That got rectified real fast.

/ Two things I will never understand in life... #63  
This isn't tire warranty or credit score but similar. Battery warranty. I bought my JD 5310 new in 2002. The original battery lasted until aound 2012 or 13, I can't remember exactly. I took it out and to the JD dealership to get another one. Guy sits the new one on the counter and says thanks. I asked how much and he said that it was nothing, still under warranty. It didn't occur to me until later that the date punches would be the same for 200x vs. 201x. I guess the theory is what battery lasts more than 10 years.