Two week wait

/ Two week wait #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
My Mahindra salesman told me Friday afternoon that it will be two weeks before my 6520 4WD, loader and backhoe will be in. Yeah!!! :) I can not wait to get it. :D I could have had one off the dealer's lot, but that one didn't have the skid steer bucket option :( . So I am waiting two weeks for a factory installed option!
hugs, Brandi

/ Two week wait #2  
Welcome to TBN. Congratulations on your new tractor. Why Mahindra? I've heard a lot about them, just wondering why you decided on them. What type work will you be doing with it?

/ Two week wait #3  
Welcome and Congrats on your new investment Brandi.
"Two week wait"....read the operator's booklets also work on your project list for Mahindra,and that should make the first week seem a alot easier...try and not to wear holes thru your socks as you pace the floors. ;)

/ Two week wait
BTDT said:
Welcome to TBN. Congratulations on your new tractor. Why Mahindra? I've heard a lot about them, just wondering why you decided on them. What type work will you be doing with it?
BTDT,
After three years of pushing brush into piles with a Ford 3055 2WD and a boxblade, I became a firm believer of weight. Not just weight you strap on the tractor or fill the tires with, but weight from the beefy (spell that STRONG) tractor parts. Mahindra has all the rest beat in weight and lift. I plan on using my red beast to dig up stumps, clean out my gully, and dig a pond for starters. Great dealer service 10 miles away and about 25 miles for the Mahindra distribution plant in Tomball is another reason. I have a JD dealer a little over 6 miles from my house, but they are all too uppity for my likes, even when I am buying parts for my wore out JD bush hog. So I would have to say Service is a big reason, as my Mahrindra Salesman has also sold me a Stihl Farm Boss chain saw and a Hustler Fas Trak zero turn lawn mower....and this after years of taking care of me when I needed Snapper parts. As an aircraft mechanic for 28 years, I know everything built by man will break and every brand will have a lemon or two, but the dealer that can get you the parts you need ASAP is the best bang for the buck!
hugs, Brandi

/ Two week wait
Thomas said:
Welcome and Congrats on your new investment Brandi.
"Two week wait"....read the operator's booklets also work on your project list for Mahindra,and that should make the first week seem a alot easier...try and not to wear holes thru your socks as you pace the floors. ;)
Thomas,
I got the owner's manual and the loader manual 4 days ago. Got anything else to read? I am not sure what a "project list for Mahindra" is, but I have plenty of chores for the Red Beast already. I don't wear socks in the house, just house booties.:)
hugs, Brandi

/ Two week wait #6  
Congrats on the new investment Brandi, I am sure it will serve you well.

Sabula Farmer.

/ Two week wait
Hey Y'all,
My Mahindra salesman woke me up :( at 8:30 this morning to tell me my backhoe is in. When I got there, he told me my tractor was at the Tomball distribution facility,:) but not the skid steer loader. :( So maybe by Friday I will have my Red Beast. :D The backhoe has an attachment for a thumb already welded on and painted red. :cool: I didn't know it had that or that it also had a transport lock. :cool: It is better than I read about it!!! So now we will be pricing a mechanical, non hydraulic thumb, but will probably get one from Rakesales.com, as they are just East of here about 20 miles.
I will also be getting an aluminum canopy with the deal. I saw one this morning on a 2WD 6520 that was in for service. It is nice and lite and has a layer of insulation :cool: under the aluminum.
I haven't heard anything for a few days, so yesterday I made a point to stop at my Ma dealer and say.........Tell me some good news. The good news was that Mahrinda says they are trickeling in. :confused: Well, I guess I lit a fire under my salesman's butt, cause he pushed the subject on the owner of the dealership, who always deals with Mahrinda, who called the distribution facility in Tomball and got their butt in gear They told him my 6520 4WD was in, but not the loader. So it seems Mahinra, at least in Tomball, needs to have a good talking too every now and then. Make yourself a squeaky wheel if you have to or walk softly and carry a big pocketbook, :eek: I mean big stick!
I am also glad ;) I decided to go with two BH buckets instead just the 24 inch bucket, because the 2 footer sure looks big (and mean)! The other bucket is the 12 inch bucket for trenching and maybe stumps. I have dug stumps up with a 24 inch bucket before on a Kubota L3400 with no problem, so I will probably leave the 24 inch bucket on most of the time.
I may be getting skid steer loader forks also. Either from Rakesales.com or Skid Steer loader attachments. Root Grapple has forks for $550 and shipping from North Carolina for about $130-170.
hugs, Brandi

/ Two week wait #8  
bindian said:
Hey Y'all,
... I am also glad ;) I decided to go with two BH buckets instead just the 24 inch bucket, because the 2 footer sure looks big (and mean)! The other bucket is the 12 inch bucket for trenching and maybe stumps. I have dug stumps up with a 24 inch bucket before on a Kubota L3400 with no problem, so I will probably leave the 24 inch bucket on most of the time.
hugs, Brandi

Getting both buckets is the way to go. I've got the 12" and 24" on my 511. I find that I use the 12" for just about everything. If I'm covering up or loading a lot of "stuff" I'll put on the 24" but for stumps, trenches, and general use, the 12 is my "go to". By the way, they are very easy to change out, but you'll find that the 24" is a tad heavy. but manageble. BobG in VA

/ Two week wait
Well guys,
It has been three weeks since my dealer ordered my 6520 4WD. The backhoe came in 8 days later and the tractor came into Mahindra's Tomball facility the day before that, waiting for the skid steer loader to arrive. We are all still waiting on the skid steer loader. :rolleyes:
On the plus side, ;) while waiting for the loader to get in, and recovering from elbow surgery, I realized I should get a PHD added to my tractor "package", since I am fixin' to built another corral and add fences. So since I have used a 3 point hitch PHD before and hated it, I decided to research a hydraulic PHD. Well, I found a Danuser PHD Model 8300-2 that can be bolted to the loader bucket in my target budget. But wait.....I have a backhoe. :) So we will be bolting the PHD to the backhoe bucket. Maybe later I will build a swivel knuckle to attach directly to the dipper stick. The hoses have to be way long, almost 20 feet. So Glenn Danuser, Yes, the same name as the company, called me today and stated I needed to run 3/4 inch diameter hoses. Has anyone else ran a hydraulic PHD that far from the pump? I did check the backhoe hoses today, that connect to the remotes and they look about 3/4 inch diameter.
I should be able to plant 4 post holes 8 feet apart without moving. Or add a hole in an existing corner of the barn or even plant a hole over a fence. :cool:
I should find out more details tomorrow from Rake Sales about the backhoe thumb they will be making. They quoted a price of around 600-700 dollars. Bradco wants $925 and that is with their thumb backplate already welded on my hoe's dipperstick. :(
hugs, Brandi

/ Two week wait #10  
Brandi,
If you build a swivel knuckle, then just put quick connects on the bucket cylinder. Remove the bucket, install the digger. It will hang plumb. Remove those hoses from the bucket cylinder and attach to the hydraulic digger. Use the bucket digging lever on your right hand joystick to run the auger. You'll only need short hoses and no extra valve. Of course if you ran it all day, you will build some heat and might want bigger hoses, but a PHD is used for a minute or two, then the tractor is moved, then used again, etc. Heat shouldn't be a problem. We have done this.