TYM HST330 SCV (Secondary Control Valve) Mahindra 3510

/ TYM HST330 SCV (Secondary Control Valve) Mahindra 3510 #1  

caine

I have a 2005 TYM HST330 which has mostly served me well. Made by TYM, it was also sold as the Mahindra 3510 (so you Mahindra owners might have a suggestion here). I bought it used in 2010 with 191 hours on it and recently passed 700.

It has an SCV (secondary control valve) and its control is in the worst possible place, by my right calf. There is no mention of it in the manual that I can find, but apparently this is used to operate hydraulics for attachments when not using the 3 pt. lift arms. It is dead easy to bump it out of its position, and from time to time my 3 pt. goes weak or fails altogether (or I hear the relief valve whistling) so I eventually used wire to hold it in place. Recently, I learned the hard way that even that wasn't reliable.

The control has a détente to nominally keep it in place in each of its 3 positions. But it isn't strong enough to secure the control in place. I've considered making some sort of a bracket to overcome the situation (especially since I never use the remote hydraulics). But I wondered if either TYM or Mahindra ever placed it in a more useful location (maybe by the lift arm control) and the parts to move it might be available.

Does anyone have the SCV, and is it located anywhere else on your tractor? Can you post a picture? If parts are available for a good solution at an acceptable price I may move it. Thanks!

Attachments

• SCV 1.jpg
    SCV 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
  • SCV 2.jpg
    SCV 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
   / TYM HST330 SCV (Secondary Control Valve) Mahindra 3510 #2  
caine, If you never use the valve, why not just make sure it's in the neutral position and then just remove the lever? It looks like a simple lock bolt. That's what I did with my 273 svc because it was always in my way whenever I tilted up the seat to add hyd oil or do anything underneath the seat. It's on a shelf in the garage and if I ever need it, it's just a few minutes to add it back. Greg

/ TYM HST330 SCV (Secondary Control Valve) Mahindra 3510
Greg- that's a good idea. But I guess my concern was that as weak as the detente is I wondered it it would move out of position anyway. It sounds like you've found that to be a reliable solution though, so maybe I'll give that a try. Was your 273 SVC set up in the same position as mine? Caine

/ TYM HST330 SCV (Secondary Control Valve) Mahindra 3510 #4  
caine, Mine is located directly in the front middle of the seat area. You'd reach between your legs to use it. If the lever is removed, I can't see any reason it would turn on its own? You could just try it and if it doesn't work - put the lever back on and figure out somethin else. Good luck!

/ TYM HST330 SCV (Secondary Control Valve) Mahindra 3510
caine, Mine is located directly in the front middle of the seat area. You'd reach between your legs to use it. If the lever is removed, I can't see any reason it would turn on its own? You could just try it and if it doesn't work - put the lever back on and figure out somethin else. Good luck!
Greg- we've been buried in rain since our exchange but I'll give it a try as soon as we get a break. Thanks!