TYM T474 3 pt hitch sway

rjman

Tractor
TYM T474
I have been having some issues with the amount of sway in the 3 pt hitch with some implements. With my box blade scraper on or with the tiller on, the sway is enough on uneven ground to rub the tires. I have tried adjusting the check links on both sides to the maximum length with the implement centered. It seems to make no difference, these implements will sway the eyelets for the check links right into the tires. Anyone else having this issue? If so did you find a fix for this? You can see in the picture on the tire where this has been making contact.

IMG_0241.jpg

Joe Hickerson

Tractor
eMax 25HSTs Cab
Hi rjman, try going the opposite way....tighten up the check links. Should cure the problem.

Roadworthy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST,
Tightening the links will reduce the sway. Allow an inch or two of play. Beyond that it's possible the arms are too short to allow clearance.

Scipiokid

Tractor
tym474
I have been having some issues with the amount of sway in the 3 pt hitch with some implements. With my box blade scraper on or with the tiller on, the sway is enough on uneven ground to rub the tires. I have tried adjusting the check links on both sides to the maximum length with the implement centered. It seems to make no difference, these implements will sway the eyelets for the check links right into the tires. Anyone else having this issue? If so did you find a fix for this? You can see in the picture on the tire where this has been making contact.

View attachment 700585

View attachment 700585
I had this problem on mine. I was using a quick hitch and pull enough slack out to keep it from rubbing. I removed the quick hitch ans readjusted it and it seemed to solve the problem. Still didn't make sense to me why the quick hitch mattered but it did.

TYMNorsky

Gold Member
Tractor
TYM T474 HST
This is why I've decided to keep the turnbuckles on my T474, I have a finer degree of adjustment on them this way.