TYM T474 Cash sales price points?

/ TYM T474 Cash sales price points? #1  

kantuckid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4820R
I've called a couple dealers and hearing ~ $23,500 for a T474 ROPS, geared, w/FEL & bucket but also not many in inventory as you'd expect right now. What are some e.g's of deals you've made on that model TYM. I'm also interested in the T474 vs. the T394 model? I've compared the specs on tractordata already...
Thanks!

/ TYM T474 Cash sales price points? #2  
I think you are just very lucky to find a tractor, that you like, available in a dealers lot right now. If the tractor IS in a dealers lot - I wouldn't expect to find much of a deal. It could probably be sold many times - if they had several.

/ TYM T474 Cash sales price points? #3  
Pretty much the most difference on 394 vs 474 is the engine. 394 has a 37Hp Yanmar with common rail (ECU), 474 has an old skool mechanical IDI Cummins designed Kukje Made (No ECU) 48.3Hp engine. Else capabilities are pretty much the same.

/ TYM T474 Cash sales price points?
Between TYM website-which varies from OK to very poorly edited & Tractordata which seems to usually be correct-another difference is the FEL lift rating goes up ~ 650#'s on the T474. For comparisons sake my DK35SE has more torque than the T474 and many other higher hp tractors. Tire size on those TYM's is also a difference and will matter with a loader given increased tire fluid volume.
An e.g. of a TYM website screwup is comparing them it says the front axle on a T394 has 2.17 QT vs. T474 having 10.5QTs.
I saw the engine difference.
TYM dealers seem to be even a step below some Kioti dealers who can be very small businesses. I wonder how the parts supply is working for TYM? One dealer told me he'd ship me parts were I to have a warranty issue and doing a self repair which I'm quite capable of.

I would appreciate a basic rundown on your use of the T474 TYMNorsky. My only uses that require a stronger tractor than a compact size are what's in your picture above->skid a log & lift a log. The rest is easy stuff like 1/2 mile of steep private road, small bush hog annually, building project materials.

/ TYM T474 Cash sales price points? #5  
Unless you're dead set, hard coded for red paint, I see at least 4 LS dealers within 100 miles. No, that's not exactly close by, but this bit about having a dealer 20 feet off your property has been gone over repeatedly. Most tractors never go back to the dealer and if you have a truck and trailer, 70-80 miles isn't really that far.

/ TYM T474 Cash sales price points? #6  
Between TYM website-which varies from OK to very poorly edited & Tractordata which seems to usually be correct-another difference is the FEL lift rating goes up ~ 650#'s on the T474. For comparisons sake my DK35SE has more torque than the T474 and many other higher hp tractors. Tire size on those TYM's is also a difference and will matter with a loader given increased tire fluid volume.
An e.g. of a TYM website screwup is comparing them it says the front axle on a T394 has 2.17 QT vs. T474 having 10.5QTs.
I saw the engine difference.
TYM dealers seem to be even a step below some Kioti dealers who can be very small businesses. I wonder how the parts supply is working for TYM? One dealer told me he'd ship me parts were I to have a warranty issue and doing a self repair which I'm quite capable of.

I would appreciate a basic rundown on your use of the T474 TYMNorsky. My only uses that require a stronger tractor than a compact size are what's in your picture above->skid a log & lift a log. The rest is easy stuff like 1/2 mile of steep private road, small bush hog annually, building project materials.
There are some poorly translated material in Engrish on both user manual, websites and such yes. Parts has been a problem with most manufacturers so far. But I haven't had that issue really for the small parts I've needed due to my own misstakes. The T474 has been nothing short of a fantastic compact tractor for me, I've lifted some gnarly logs after the two windstorms we've had in Montana since May last year that resulted un 70 cords of uncut lumber to date. I bought for snow removal, but it has turned into quite the all round machine. I even do mower jobs on the side now with my 68'' offset flail mower. I've got a 72'' grapple from Homestead implements. I don't skid logs with mine yet, as I don't do logging unless absolutely necessary. But my front loader has 2150# at pins and is que adequate for this size compact tractor. I chose a TYM because specs were better than Kubota or JD in addition to the price aspect off course. So far I have 120h on mine with absolutely zero problems nor warranty repair, I busted my grill when lifting slash with my grapple, but now a guard is in place. And I LOVE this Kukje engine, it is such a lovely quiet sounding engine (vs a Yanmar for sure)
IMG_2735.jpg

Last edited:
   / TYM T474 Cash sales price points? #8  
I've called a couple dealers and hearing ~ $23,500 for a T474 ROPS, geared, w/FEL & bucket but also not many in inventory as you'd expect right now. What are some e.g's of deals you've made on that model TYM. I'm also interested in the T474 vs. the T394 model? I've compared the specs on tractordata already...
Thanks!
J & G Equipment, 962 Bloomfield Rd, Bardstown, KY 40004, have a 474 open station shuttle shift with loader & bucket sitting on lot, at least early this week. It's been there awhile because many, like myself, wanted the hydrostat. Great hometown dealer, been in business a long time, and bought mine there in late May. Phone number 502-348-9077. The "J" in business name is Jimmy Boblitt, that's his phone number.

/ TYM T474 Cash sales price points?
I pay sales tax on a KY tractor deal as I don't "farm" anymore, so a KY dealer starts out in the hole selling me anything.
I lean toward Kioti as I like their tractors and had two so far. The T474 & T494 are confusing-or more accurately said the numbers are flat wrong-TYK website and on tractordata. com as one models weighs far more than the other yet width & wheelbase say the same inches? That said the tires are vastly bigger for the T494. Makes specs a tough thing for web jockey's!!!

/ TYM T474 Cash sales price points? #10  
THe t 494 and the t574 are the same size machines, They are the next frame size up from the t 394 and t 474.