3-Point Hitch TYM T474 Top link advice

/ TYM T474 Top link advice #1  

Matune

Tractor
2020 TYM 474
On another post I learned that I can buy any hydraulic top link and it would work on the TYM 474. But I felt like I was hijacking the post, so I started a new thread here.

My question is about the hydraulic control. It appears to snap into 3 different settings, not like the 3 point hitch control.

Will this (maybe detent) control lever work to control the top link?

/ TYM T474 Top link advice #2  
If you have a rear remote hydraulic connection then there has to be a control lever somewhere. You could have three control levers. 3-point hitch control - draft control - rear remote hydraulic control. What does your Owners Manual say about this situation.

/ TYM T474 Top link advice #3  
Your detent control is the only one equipped on your T474, it is the one that moves at an angle on the extreme right side of the seat.

/ TYM T474 Top link advice #4  
A detent valve will work with a toplink, you may cuss it once in a while.
If you just partially move the control lever you should be able to gently stroke the top link without engaging a detent and having to shove it back to center out of detent.

/ TYM T474 Top link advice
Thank you all! Very helpful.

Anyone have a preference on which one to pick up? There seems to be several choices...

The dealer wants $400 dollars.

Thanks again!

/ TYM T474 Top link advice #6  
Tractor Supply has one for $200 and change. Like I said as long as they are Cat1 they are universal.

/ TYM T474 Top link advice #7  
I would recommend getting one with the pilot operated locks,
otherwise it is likely to drift down when using it or parked.
This link has several in different lengths;
Category 1 Hydraulic Top Links | AGRISTORE USA
I would assume that to start you would want one close to the length of your stock one when shortened as much as possible and then lengthen all the way out.
Unless you are finding your existing one to long or too short.

/ TYM T474 Top link advice #8  
Thank you all! Very helpful.

Anyone have a preference on which one to pick up? There seems to be several choices...

The dealer wants $400 dollars.

Thanks again!

Look at this link. This will help you determine the best available unit for you to use.

/ TYM T474 Top link advice
Thank you! This was all very helpful. There’s too much snow to do the excavation I need to finish up, so I’m looking at this get it all set up for next spring.

/ TYM T474 Top link advice #10  
I have the one from Agristore USA and have been happy with it. I have the Cat 1 25 9/16" - 41 5/16" paid around $235 shipped to door. I got the longer one as I have the Pats easy change system which requires the top link to be longer.