/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #12  
Have read that Kubota and
John Deere equipment from other equipment
manufactures do not fit their tractors. Not
sure if this is true but check it out on the web
then you will know for sure

willy

I generally respect your posts, Willy.

Claify this one. Maybe I have missed something.

"check it out on the web then you will know for sure."

This part of your post is pretty strange.

Last edited:
   / TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #13  
... Have read that Kubota and
John Deere equipment from other equipment
manufactures do not fit there tractors not
sure if this is true
but check it out on the web
then you will know for sure

willy
If you are talking about attachments that go on the back of the tractor - Category 1 attachments will fit on any tractor with a Category 1 3pt hitch.

If you are talking about how forks, buckets, grapples, etc. attach to a loader - well it's complicated. Most brands have Quick-tach mounts (like a Bobcat skidsteer) which are the most universal. Deere has it's own sort of proprietary quick mount, and Kubota has a lot of pin on mounts. Even then, sometimes Kubota and Deere can be had with Quick-tach mounts.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #14  
Am I the only one thinking that's a lot of tractor (size) for 10 acres and what sounds like typical homeowner type tasks?

It's kind of right on the bubble. Each time you go up weight, frame, and wheel size, performance improves significantly.

Tractor Size.jpg

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #15  
35K for the T474 now? That's up some since I bought mine on July 3, 2020 but not much you can do about that with the current environment we live in. I looked at Deere before I bought my T474. I would agree with a previous post that hydraulic control placement on the Deere is way better than the TYM. As far as fit and finish, I don't see a big difference. No troubles with my T474, it's done all that I've wanted and more without a single problem. Starts well in the winter. Deere are great tractors, but for me the price of the TYM was just too good and I don't feel that I made any sacrifices going it. Good luck to you and your decision.

Tim

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #16  
I had a 2010 TYM T330 that had 1300 hrs. on it when I sold it and the only thing I ever
IMG_4915 (2).JPG
did to it was change the fluids and filters and build a cab for it. I bought a new TYM T574 in March 2021 because of how good the old T330 was and I am even happier with the new T574 which has 115 hrs. on it now. I had no trouble selling the old T330. I can't see how the J.D. or Kubota are any better for so much more money.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #17  
I was also thinking that sounds like a large tractor for homeowner use. It all depends on your uses, how much you want to lift. I own a JD so that’s what I like but that’s a big difference. If the TYM dealer seems well established and has been there a while I wouldn’t rule them out.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #18  
35K for the T474 now? That's up some since I bought mine on July 3, 2020 but not much you can do about that with the current environment we live in. I looked at Deere before I bought my T474. I would agree with a previous post that hydraulic control placement on the Deere is way better than the TYM. As far as fit and finish, I don't see a big difference. No troubles with my T474, it's done all that I've wanted and more without a single problem. Starts well in the winter. Deere are great tractors, but for me the price of the TYM was just too good and I don't feel that I made any sacrifices going it. Good luck to you and your decision.

Tim
That would be my only concern. I can get a T494 for that...bigger frame and more standard features. The T494 also has the fuel tank near the step, which is better in my case. For that price, I would assume the T474 has a cab and some extras.

There is simply no real justification for spending 50% more for a tractor with similar features. Even if you assume the best about JD and the worst about TYM, $17k can do a lot to ease any concerns. I guess maybe I am too frugal. I could not justify spending that much more money due to placement of a control. If you were talking about similarly priced models, you could maybe make that argument.

As for inventory, it can vary wildly. I have 2 TYM dealers within an hour of my place. One has 1 SCUT in stock. The other has about 8-10 medium to large CUTs. For what it is worth, the guy with 1 said they just sell right away, so he cannot keep them on the lot.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #19  
The TYM will be missing lots of creature comforts and additional features of a premium brand tractor. For most these extras are not needed anyway. I also looked at TYM and think they are a good choice if you have a stable dealer and parts network. Much better than Bobcat, New Holland, Bad Boy, RK, or any other rebranded outfit.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #20  
Am I the only one thinking that's a lot of tractor (size) for 10 acres and what sounds like typical homeowner type tasks?
No you are not the only one thinking overkill.