TYM T603 Hydraulic Oil Filter

/ TYM T603 Hydraulic Oil Filter #1  

mmranch

Gold Member
Tractor
TYM T603
This has been a repeating hassle and is at the moment, a problem for me.

Currently, only the hydraulic oil filter must be gotten from TYM through the dealer (all of the other filters I can get from other sources). The filter is TYM 1797-515-210-1. I have 6 on order (afraid to see what they will cost me)... they have been on order for weeks. I'm guessing because of the COVID disruptions, there are none in NC and they are supposed to be coming from Korea. My dealer has checked on the situation multiple times and given me updates.

Because I need to do my yearly service and also put on my snow chains, I like to do these operations at the same time. (Who wants to go through the hassle of removing the backhoe, jacking up the tractor, doing the service, installing the backhoe again... twice? Not having the replacement filter is holding me up big time. And the weather is getting worse which adds additional bonus hassle to the whole process.

What I'm wondering about is why can't I use some other, similar hyd filter? I have taken measurements of the filter and have found a couple which might work. As long as they have the proper matching threads and the gasket will seal on the flange, and they are a similar size capacity-wise and hopefully a similar internal filter material and a similar flow-through rate... it should work fine in theory right?

I have not been able to find a direct cross reference but can enter the dimensions on the WIX database and come pretty close. Just wondering what others have done to solve this type of problem?

Thanks!

/ TYM T603 Hydraulic Oil Filter #2  
Mike,

Did you ever end up trying a different filter?

/ TYM T603 Hydraulic Oil Filter
I have not tried any different filters.

To solve the filter problem at that time... I found that the correct filter was also used on other tractors (Mahindra maybe?... I can't remember) so I started searching for dealers that handled those tractors and parts. I found a dealer in Oregon (Keno Tractors) who had the filters in stock so I ordered one and received it in a few days. Later on, I received my TYM filter order of 6 filters through my dealer and all is good now.

I would recommend calling Keno Tractors to see if they have the filter in stock.

Hope this helps!

/ TYM T603 Hydraulic Oil Filter #4  
Another good one is Jordan Sales, in Post Falls ID. They have the largest TYM parts inventory in the western US.

Thanks for this tip! I will keep this for future reference.

Thanks again.

/ TYM T603 Hydraulic Oil Filter #6  
This has been a repeating hassle and is at the moment, a problem for me.

Currently, only the hydraulic oil filter must be gotten from TYM through the dealer (all of the other filters I can get from other sources). The filter is TYM 1797-515-210-1. I have 6 on order (afraid to see what they will cost me)... they have been on order for weeks. I'm guessing because of the COVID disruptions, there are none in NC and they are supposed to be coming from Korea. My dealer has checked on the situation multiple times and given me updates.

Because I need to do my yearly service and also put on my snow chains, I like to do these operations at the same time. (Who wants to go through the hassle of removing the backhoe, jacking up the tractor, doing the service, installing the backhoe again... twice? Not having the replacement filter is holding me up big time. And the weather is getting worse which adds additional bonus hassle to the whole process.

What I'm wondering about is why can't I use some other, similar hyd filter? I have taken measurements of the filter and have found a couple which might work. As long as they have the proper matching threads and the gasket will seal on the flange, and they are a similar size capacity-wise and hopefully a similar internal filter material and a similar flow-through rate... it should work fine in theory right?

I have not been able to find a direct cross reference but can enter the dimensions on the WIX database and come pretty close. Just wondering what others have done to solve this type of problem?

Thanks!
Can you tell me where I can get a injector pump for my T603 I am in Texas

Unfortunately, I can't tell you where to get the pump. I have not had to replace that.

But I have been able to get every TYM part I needed from TYM. There have been long delays (some of the parts have had to come from Korea) but the parts have always arrived eventually.

Good luck!

/ TYM T603 Hydraulic Oil Filter #8  
To some extent it depends on what engine you have. If it is a TYM engine, then through TYM. If your engine was manufactured by someone else then you can get parts for the engine specifically.

I have a Mitsubishi in my little tractor, and it was used in a whole bunch of light equipment, generators, etc. All of the parts for the engine are available online through a bunch of sources. I can get a complete rebuild kit of eBay for under $1000. A lot of the part numbers in the TYM parts manual are the Mitsubishi number with a few digits added on the front or back of the string. I use the TYM number, with a few of the number dropped from the front, and Mitsubishi as a key word. Have found all kinds of parts that way. If nothing shows up with numbers dropped from the front, I’ll search dropping them from the end of the number.