Oil & Fuel type of hydraulic/trans oil

/ type of hydraulic/trans oil #1  

wendelin

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 185
I think I was told to use John Deere 303 in my fx32d. I am not sure what is in their now. I changed the seal on the pto shaft. Small leak. How much oil would I need if I were to drain all the trans.hydraulic oil.
thanks again
wendelin

/ type of hydraulic/trans oil #2  
I can't locate any info on Yanmars website about fluid spec's or fill capacity's. They don't have much info at all on their website. :( Some quick internet searching didn't turn up much either. About the only thing I found is that their is no English owners manual, at least that's what I read. If it does call for JD 303 fluid it shouldn't be to hard to find. Many UTF's on the market meet the JD 303 spec along with the JD Hy-Gard spec.

I have sold UTF to a couple of F and FX series Yanmar owners and the spec they alway's ask for is JD303 so it is probably what is called for. I usually suggest either Special 303 Fluid or UTF that also meets JD303 spec's.

/ type of hydraulic/trans oil #3  
wendelin said:
I think I was told to use John Deere 303 in my fx32d. I am not sure what is in their now. I changed the seal on the pto shaft. Small leak. How much oil would I need if I were to drain all the trans.hydraulic oil.
thanks again
wendelin

JD 303 or equivelant is the correct fluid. Some here use automatic transmission fluid without any known problems. I don't know the amount as I just fill till it touches the dip stick. I purchase it in 5 gal. containers

/ type of hydraulic/trans oil #4  
ATF?? Isn't the Yanmar system a common sump type where it lubricates gears? ATF's have very little EP (extreme preasure) additives that would be found in a UTF type oil.

/ type of hydraulic/trans oil #5  
wendelin said:
thanks again
wendelin

Buy 5 gal. If you need more, buy more.