TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #1  

TWhiteside

Tractor
TZ24DA
I was going over my TZ24DA today and I noticed that the "Rear Tractor Body" where the front of the seat rails mount is cracking. At only 175 hours, I am not very happy. It is not like me or my wife are big people. The seat is not mounted to any "Real" steel at all - only the thin sheet metal that makes the rear part of the body and fenders. This is not what I would expect for a tractor that is supposed to be better than a riding mower....

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #2  
Looks to m like it is a good time to test out your dealer and see what he does. First chance, call him and explain what is happening.

But I sure would not let this reck your holidays.;)

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #3  
My dealer fixed my TC24DA under warranty. When I noticed it both sides of the front support had cracked and or broke. Like you said, very thin cheap metal. My dealer really reinforced it and made it look and seem ok. Young guy that was checking me out didn't realize it was warranty and when I went to pay for some other things (about $100) she gave me bill for about $800 and I almost croaked till dealer explained the other part would be billed under warranty. Dealer said they had to remove fender and several other things to fix it properly. Now after two months bolts have come off of fender and taillight is getting hot so I unplugged till I can get back to dealer to look. Not sure if it had anything to do with what he didon the seat but with bolts coming loose on fender where you grab hand rail I thought maybe wire might be squeed or something causing it to get so hot. Other rear light does not get that hot to touch.

Good luck with getting yours fixed under warranty, shouldn't be a problem.

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount
I am not so sure that it will be that easy though to get mine fixed. Mine was out of warranty as of last May...So it might not be so pretty. I will check with the dealer this coming week and get back with what happens.

Everyone have a Safe and Happy New Year!!

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #5  
TW,

Good luck getting it fixed. My tractor was out of base warranty June '05 and out of power train warranty June '06. I noticed my seat breaking just like yours and PatC did in August of '06. I immediately e-mailed NH - didn't even call the dealership as I figured he would say out of warranty, it comes out of my pocket - but immediately brought up to them that I think they should recall the tractors because of safety issue. Next day had a call from my dealership saying they would be there to pick my tractor up and NH would pay the bill. I think you stand a pretty good chance of NH paying for this as well. I still think there should be a recall.

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount
At this point, I have sent an email to New Holland and spoke to my Dealer regarding the seat pan ( I think it is called) cracking. The dealer is supposed to see what New Holland will do. In the mean time, I have dropped the tractor off a the dealer. While there I noticed another TZ in for service, it had 77 hours on it (and is still under warranty) and low and behold, it is starting to get stress cracks as well.

SO HERE IS MY WORDS OF WARNING TO EVERYONE WITH A NEW HOLLAND TZ OR CASE DXE TRACTOR. IT WILL CRACK, THE ONLY UNKNOWN IS WHEN.

The steel is just not thick enough for the seat mounts. It seems to be the biggest issue in the front.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE......

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #7  
Does anybody know if this is also a problem on the TC29/TC33 tractors as well?

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #8  
Zipperhead0 said:
Does anybody know if this is also a problem on the TC29/TC33 tractors as well?
The TZ and TC are quite a bit different in design.

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #9  
dgl24087 said:
The TZ and TC are quite a bit different in design.

But I think the point Zipperhead was trying to make, is if it is happening on Class 0 and 1s, what to say it isn't happening on Class 2s.

/ TZ Body Cracking at Front of Seat Mount #10  
jwstewar said:
But I think the point Zipperhead was trying to make, is if it is happening on Class 0 and 1s, what to say it isn't happening on Class 2s.
I'm aware of what he is saying, but the two machines are significantly different, especially in the way the seats are mounted. I've looked at both machines, and feel that the TZ is cheaply designed compared to the TC.