Ubifi Rural Internet

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
As many of us have internet issues I thought I would start a thread on how it works for me.

Currently we have DSL that provides ~2 mb of through put. Most places say we cannot stream HD video. This is not true, I watch football on the ipad when the Colts game is boring.

With my iphone sitting in my lap here I am getting about 5 mb of through put both up and down right now. That varies a bit from time to time when I run the test. So it will be interesting to see what kind of speed I get with the Ubifi system. I just ordered their basic router no outside antenna. I am about 1.2 miles from the nearest AT&T tower. The ubifi customer service says I should have no problem getting a good signal. They will not guarantee any kind of speeds.

ustmd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
So, I have a wireless antenna system and we get anything from 1-5 mps of download.

I went ahead and ordered the Ubifi/ They said I was 2.5 miles formt he tower and may need the external antenna. We will see.

wjmst

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx2200
This company sounds interesting. I am going to check them out myself. Please keep us posted as to how well it works for you.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I sent Ubifi an email just now - asking if service would be available at my location. I have HughesNet @ $60 per month - so I'm only looking for info and not change. Based upon the service I get on my cell phone(AT&T - NEVER more than two bars, inside or outside and often ZERO) I really doubt they could provide service here. We shall see.........

Last edited:

thepumpguysc

Elite Member
Tractor
Injection Pump Rebuilder
Oosik, you do know that ATT offers a signal booster..
I have one in my house & can go anywhere on my 2 acre property & get a full signal. Without the booster, my signal is almost zero.
Heck, the neighbors bounce off of it too.. {I don't have it "secured""

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
Oosik, you do know that ATT offers a signal booster..
I have one in my house & can go anywhere on my 2 acre property & get a full signal. Without the booster, my signal is almost zero.
Heck, the neighbors bounce off of it too.. {I don't have it "secured""

My folks have one. Theirs works by sending the call over their internet connection. Is that how yours works or does it send the signal back to the tower? Do you have a link to the device?

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Pump Guy - yes, I've looked at the signal booster. There are just too many negative aspects to the entire phone situation. #1 - I worked for the Government and any time my phone would ring it meant somebody was going to bitch. I have a long memory. #2 - never have had a land line out here - moved here in '82 - phone company estimate to run line to house and install phone - $32,000. Started with Motorola Bag phone - then analog cell phone - now digital cell phone.

Actually I've become very accustom to no phone - don't take it with me when I leave the house - try to remember to turn it on 2X weekly to see if any messages worth returning a call. Do most of my communicating via email. Otherwise - the phone is alway OFF. Unless I'm making an call.

Then - if I can get two bars I can usually get out with a phone call. Signal booster would boost that signal to what?? - five bars. Problem is when I get NO SIGNAL - boosting zero always equals zero. The signal booster has got to have something to work with - no matter how slight.

Then there is the most difficult situation to overcome - ME. I'm Norwegian - hard headed - stubborn - old - set in my ways. Nuff said - - uff da.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
So I checked with Ubifi web site. They are shipping from Wheeler Illinois via priorit mail. USPS says that is delivery in 3 days max. So should have before the weekend. More to follow.

oldnslo

Tractor
Branson 2400H, JD X540
Then there is the most difficult situation to overcome - ME. I'm Norwegian - hard headed - stubborn - old - set in my ways. Nuff said - - uff da.

And that is one very big problem to overcome:D Being 100% dane I can fully relate.

thepumpguysc

Elite Member
Tractor
Injection Pump Rebuilder
I "had" a cell tower about 10 miles or more away from my house.. then some drunk decided to "take it out" one Saturday night..
Before that, my service was GREAT.. THEN, nothing.. couldnt make or receive a call.
I used the landline at work to find out WHY & possibly return my phone & cut my service.. No sense it paying for something you cant use, right?
I was told about the "incident" & was offered to BUY a booster at 100.00 for a reman or 200.00 for a new one..
I opted for a reman & it worked great.. went from ZERO bars to full signal..
BUT HEY> if you don't wanna phone.. ya don't wanna phone..
My computer runs off my landline & I just upgraded from 1.5 megs to 8.5 megs and actually SAVED MONEY.. try to figure that one out?? I cant. Lol
I was paying about 75.00 for a landline, after all the BS taxes & 25.00 for internet service..1.5 meg, so 100.00 + monthly.
I called them "for something"?? & was told about a new service they're offering because I'm such a good customer.. LOL!!!
I have 8.5 megs & a landline for 72.00 a month now, for life.. {yeah, right}
I'd love to ditch the landline for phone service & keep the internet, but CANT get anyone who speaks English good enough to explain it to.
Even the girl who "sold me" the new package was just a nitemare to listen to.. I kept interrupting her & asking, "JUST TELL ME, how much it is"!!! lol

Aquamoose

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
2 weeks ago, I got UbiFi with a directional antenna and got decent 6-8 mbps (for $80 a month) than the spotty 1.5 mbps I was getting from CenturyLink. I was pretty happy with them.

Funny thing is, a few days ago, I told a buddy of mine of my plan to cut CenturyLink DSL and explained that service went from reliable 1.5 to spotty and he says “Let me see what I can do”. Yes, he works for CL. Today, a tech shows up and says “gimme a day or two and I can get you 12-15 mbps, all for $35 a month on a contract-for-life promotion.” WTH?! I asked WHY it wasn’t done before and he explained that someone overlooked the ability to move the line on a different branch years ago. This dramatically shortens the service line. (equals stronger & faster speeds) I’m glad my friend researched the CL map when he spotted the possibility and subsequently confirmed.

Back to UbiFi, I’d definitely give them a try. A booster should help and I got one one to help my 3 bar (101-103 dB) signal but was having trouble setting it up right. When the CL service is confirmed working as promised, the UbiFi equipment will be going back, not because it didn’t deliver. I may keep the booster if the M-cell I’m getting tmw doesn’t work well. (Cell service via internet modem)

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
So I ordered on a Monday after hours so a Tuesday order in reality. Got shipping confirmation. USPS expects to deliver Thursday. They shipped my stuff from a warehouse in Illinois just outside of Chicago. Not sure if they have places around the country or use Amazon or something.

Just playing with my iphone around the house it looks like the best tower is to my west. When I am on the west side of the house (inside) I get better speed than when I am on the east side of the house.

We have AT&T land line (copper) service. The last time the tech was out he pretty much admitted AT&T wants all of us out in the hinterlands to abandon our copper service so they do not have to maintain it.

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
<snip>
We have AT&T land line (copper) service. The last time the tech was out he pretty much admitted AT&T wants all of us out in the hinterlands to abandon our copper service so they do not have to maintain it.
One of my houses is on a small court in deep suburbia Va., 11 miles from the Washington Monument. The pole is about 30' from the house. Our service had been geeting a lot of "noise". We HAD to switch to fiber for telephone because AT&T refuses to maintain their old copper. Now if the power goes out my telephone goes out. Their ONLY solution was a "black box" battery back up that REQUIRES 24 D cells that have to be replaced annually, used or not. Can't convince SWMBO to drop the landline.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
One of my houses is on a small court in deep suburbia Va., 11 miles from the Washington Monument. The pole is about 30' from the house. Our service had been geeting a lot of "noise". We HAD to switch to fiber for telephone because AT&T refuses to maintain their old copper. Now if the power goes out my telephone goes out. Their ONLY solution was a "black box" battery back up that REQUIRES 24 D cells that have to be replaced annually, used or not. Can't convince SWMBO to drop the landline.

Thanksfully I have convinced SWMBO to drop the land line.... .IF that comes with better internet service. That way the costs keep in line with each other. The land line + DSL cost is within $10/mo of the cost of Ubifi......

kcflhrc

Veteran Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3032E
I use an AT&T Mobley and average 10 to 15 mbs down and pay $22 a month unlimited. It is designed for RVer's but works just fine in the house. Same technology as others using wireless towers.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
I use an AT&T Mobley and average 10 to 15 mbs down and pay $22 a month unlimited. It is designed for RVer's but works just fine in the house. Same technology as others using wireless towers.

Yeah that deal ran out before I knew to get in on it.

Got confirmation from the post office the Ubifi equipment is to arrive today. So two days after I ordered it since I ordered after the close of business on Monday. That is good service right there.

ustmd

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
So I got my Ubifi equipment yesterday afternoon.

So far--mixed results. With no outdoor antenna, I am getting "Fair" to "Good" signal.

When I ran a speed test after first connecting, I as at 7-8 down/ 4 up, but then the speed went to crap (1-3 down/0.5-1 up). This morning, I getting 23-24 down and 8-9 up with the same signal strength.

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40 DA, Deere 17D, Hyster SX50 forklift, Case D450, Kubota ZD1011-54, International Dump Truck, Kubota SVL-952S, Volovo EC250DL
So I got my Ubifi equipment yesterday afternoon.

So far--mixed results. With no outdoor antenna, I am getting "Fair" to "Good" signal.

When I ran a speed test after first connecting, I as at 7-8 down/ 4 up, but then the speed went to crap (1-3 down/0.5-1 up). This morning, I getting 23-24 down and 8-9 up with the same signal strength.

Here's a tip that might improve your speed.

Login to the Mofi and go to the Band Scanner under Mofi Internal Modem. Run the scan and write down the bands that it shows signal on. Go to the Band Locker and lock on each band, reboot the Mofi and run a couple of speedtest, some will be faster than others. Write the results down for each one and after you've tested them all, lock onto the one with the highest speeds. I range anywhere from 2 down x 1 up to 50 down x 15 up, you can probably guess which one I'm locked on. One of my bands gives me 14 down x 14 up, I thought that was interesting.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
Here's a tip that might improve your speed.

Login to the Mofi and go to the Band Scanner under Mofi Internal Modem. Run the scan and write down the bands that it shows signal on. Go to the Band Locker and lock on each band, reboot the Mofi and run a couple of speedtest, some will be faster than others. Write the results down for each one and after you've tested them all, lock onto the one with the highest speeds. I range anywhere from 2 down x 1 up to 50 down x 15 up, you can probably guess which one I'm locked on. One of my bands gives me 14 down x 14 up, I thought that was interesting.

ok so when I go to that band scanner it says it is running then a while later craps out and gives me an error. Did it just work for you?

I am currently getting worse speed than what I get with my phone...

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40 DA, Deere 17D, Hyster SX50 forklift, Case D450, Kubota ZD1011-54, International Dump Truck, Kubota SVL-952S, Volovo EC250DL
ok so when I go to that band scanner it says it is running then a while later craps out and gives me an error. Did it just work for you?

I am currently getting worse speed than what I get with my phone...
Yeah, mine just worked. Maybe try rebooting it and Rin it again.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
Yeah, mine just worked. Maybe try rebooting it and Rin it again.

Yeah no joy there..... I am only getting like 2mb on the Ubifi. On my phone I get much more. Guess I will have to call customer service tomorrow.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
ok so to get the band scanner to work you MUST be connected the MoFi via a network cable not via wifi.

In my area I ONLY have band12 no other bands on that tower. So speed will be highly variable. I am getting betwen 2 mb and 10. There is another tower close by that has several bands. I may be able to use a directional antenna to hit that tower or reposition the unit in the house to hit that antenna. I may just play with the unit outside to see if that helps. If so I will use a directional antenna to get a better signal.

Their tech support was really pretty good.

hawkeye08

Elite Member
Good to hear, I will keep this one in mind for the future. We're doing ok with the provider we have right now. Hopefully they will keep upgrading the infrastructure as they add folks and there is more to browse on the interweb.

Citydude

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060 HSTC
I sent Ubifi an email just now - asking if service would be available at my location. I have HughesNet @ $60 per month - so I'm only looking for info and not change. Based upon the service I get on my cell phone(AT&T - NEVER more than two bars, inside or outside and often ZERO) I really doubt they could provide service here. We shall see.........
Have you tried to wifi enable your cell phone? We have zero cell phone coverage so had hugesnet installed for phone service just last week. I Haven't tried it out yet.

DrRod

Platinum Member
Ellicott City, MD - Farm in Orbisonia PA (south ce
Tractor
John Deere 4110
We have no cell coverage so depend on land line and internet through Verizon [no other choice]. It is extremely unreliable. Goes on and off during some days and goes out for days at a time some periods. Once went out for two weeks. Was told it was a systemic problem that had to be fixed at the plant but I could see the cable laying on the ground and wrapped around a fence post. Wish there was a better alternative.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
So consistently only getting around 5 mbps. Will likely order an external antenna to see if that helps.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
I put the unit in a different window. Found an app that tells me the direction of the strongest cell signal. So I am consistently getting 10MB. I found if stand outside right at that window my cell phone gives me 15MB or better. Research indicates it is likely because that part of the house is sided with aluminum. It acts like a poor man's parabolic mirror. So I may well put an antenna right out there on a post and call it good.

If I am going from the 2MB DSL I have to 15MB on this thing I will keep it for sure. Heck even if I just get 10MB I am good with it.

All in all Ubifi's service has been great.

I may next check to see if I can put this sim card into a portable hot spot that I have. That would be nice for going on vacation and the like where you still want to have net access.

I will start to test the "unlimited" feature of this because there are a couple of shows I want to binge watch this winter when I am stuck inside.

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
I put the unit in a different window. Found an app that tells me the direction of the strongest cell signal. So I am consistently getting 10MB. I found if stand outside right at that window my cell phone gives me 15MB or better. Research indicates it is likely because that part of the house is sided with aluminum. It acts like a poor man's parabolic mirror. So I may well put an antenna right out there on a post and call it good.

If I am going from the 2MB DSL I have to 15MB on this thing I will keep it for sure. Heck even if I just get 10MB I am good with it.

All in all Ubifi's service has been great.

I may next check to see if I can put this sim card into a portable hot spot that I have. That would be nice for going on vacation and the like where you still want to have net access.

I will start to test the "unlimited" feature of this because there are a couple of shows I want to binge watch this winter when I am stuck inside.

Just take the Mofi with you, it's basically a hot spot with extra features.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
Just take the Mofi with you, it's basically a hot spot with extra features.

Yeah but the hotspot has a battery and if flying can be used at airport or on train if you are using that etc.

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yeah but the hotspot has a battery and if flying can be used at airport or on train if you are using that etc.

That makes sense. I think you'll have an issue with the IMEI coded to the SIM card not matching. I have a friend at AT&T that could change it to all 1's in the system though, and then you could use the card in any device you wanted to. Try it and see what happens, if it doesn't work send me a PM with the ICC ID off the SIM (I find it easiest to take a picture of it and enlarge the photo, the numbers are small) and I'll get him to fix you up.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
So no changes yet but I am getting clover to 20mb now. Will be nice when the football game I want to watch needs to be streamed.

Storm56

Platinum Member
Tractor
N/A
Tag. Our dsl service with Frontier is the pits! Looking for alternatives.

kcflhrc

Veteran Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3032E
I knew the internet was going to be ***** when we moved to the country. You take the good with the bad. However, the Mobley thing has been fantastic and for $22 a month it is amazing. Not Google fiber by any means but who cares. I have satellite for tv so I don't stream much. So an alternative would be to move back to the city, no thanks

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
We're streaming everything. Gears TV gives us all the channels, and I mean everything, US, UK, Canada, all the sports and movie channels plus the regular cable channels for $15/mo, Titanium TV gives us all the on demand and Ubifi for Internet, our monthly total is $85 for TV and Internet, less than it would be with Mobley and satellite. I've been seeing posts lately that the Mobley thing may be coming to an end.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
I am very happy with Ubifi. You need to determine if you have good AT&T cell signal at your place though. They use AT&T Towers. I get 10-15 mb down which is fine to stream one thing at a time. I think if I put up a directional antenna I can boost that to 30+ mb down. That would be plenty to stream two things or more. Since it is just me and SWMBO I am in no huge hurry to do it. Although the antenna is only like $100 and I have a pole in the ground right where I want to mount the antenna.... so really I am just lazy :)

SimS

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710DT, Case 1845C, Takeuchi TB015
I just installed AT&T Fixed Wireless at my place. It's basically like a cell phone/hotspot receiving the data from a nearby cell tower. Our FW antenna is about 4700 feet from the nearest cell tower. The installer said that in his experience, in our area, it works well at distances up to 1.5 miles depending on terrain, etc. We are in rural Georgia, living in the woods. The download throughput ranges from 10-40 mb depending on the traffic on the cell tower. Much better than our old DSL a 2-3 mb. AT&T was/is running a special offer of 340 GB per month for $60. We have only had it for 45 days and the first month we approached around 160 GB using a moderate amount of ROKU streaming daily. We're happy even though AT&T is the only game in town given our location.

SimS

tractorshopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
Just ordered UbiFi. So tired of Verizon and capping. Our plan shares 3 phones and home mini-tower for home internet. 50 GB per month, then throttled. So for 2 days each month, we have good speed on the internet, then it is throttled the rest of the month (I have 2 teenagers). Often times, the home internet just goes out for days at a time. We call and complain, but by the time a tech calls back, it's back on. Very hard to stream most of the time, most shows will stop and buffer repeatedly and the picture quality is terrible.

Over Christmas break, my wife and one daughter had their phones on wifi, so they were burning the home internet connection. I was 2 weeks into my current month and the home internet went dead. We called and told that even though it's unlimited per se, the home one takes more juice so once it hits a limit, it's done for the month. The phones still have their internet, but good luck streaming anything. No internet at all for the next 2 weeks when I'm paying like $330 a month for 3 phones and home "UNLIMITED" internet? Heck no. I finally decided to get this UbiFi and give it a try.

Hope it works well, because I can't wait to cancel the Verizon home piece of our bill.

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
We routinely use 100+GB per month, more now that our daughter has moved in, and have never been throttled with our UbiFi. I think you'll be happy with the change.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
I don稚 use that kind of data. I found this because out where I live dsl was even flakey.

dmccarty

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4700
Somehow I missed this discussion! :confused3:

We have cell tower nearby, but in the past, trying to use ATT, we did not get good connections. I sent a note off to Ubifi this morning and they answered quickly. :thumbsup: Which is very encouraging as a sign of service. My quick web searches indicated that the company has very good service. They said the tower now has ATT so it would seem like this would work.

Will talk this over with the wife but I think we will give the service a try. Replacing Century Link would be a good thing and getting faster speed would be a bonus.

I have tethered the cell phone to have Internet access during a power outage and I got very fast download speeds. Forgot exactly but it was much, much faster than our 1.5mbps.

Later,
Dan

tractorshopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
Update - so my Mofi should arrive today. I have been fooling around with speed tests and network cell lite and watching a bunch of videos and reading to get the best understanding I can about all this tech.

My home Verizon internet gets about .5 to .6 mbps most of the time. My AT&T cell phone gets about 5-6 most of the time, but about -110 to -117 dB, but also drops below 1 sometimes too and is spotty on 3G or 4G connections. I believe I'll need a signal booster system to get the most out of this. I climbed up on my roof last night to the peak and ran the speed test on my phone and got about 20 mbps down. halfway down the roof with open sky to the same tower location, it dropped to about 6 down.

I'm thinking about possibly having to buy the signal booster system and would like to ask people who know what I should be looking at? The WeBoost or the Surecall?

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
You'd be better off getting high gain antennas and putting them on the roof. The Mofi already has the radio at the max power so a booster doesn't really gain for it like it does for a cell phone. Put one of these on a pole and connect it to the Mofi and you should see a significant performance increase.

Proxicast 4G/LTE Cross-Polarized (MIMO) 7-10 dBi High-Gain Fixed-Mount Panel Antenna https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBSLNJ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_K7qnCbSZY7J34

jaydee325

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere X584 Garden Tractor & LS R3039H
I've been looking at this too. I sent an inquiry to Ubifi with my street address and this was their reply:

With the address provided, it looks you are in a good coverage area and the closest tower is 2.9 miles west of the address. The signal does tend to fade before reaching you, so an external antenna would be recommended. The external antenna I would recommend is a Wilson Directional Panel antenna which is $84.99 plus the cost of cable. The antenna would need to at least clear the roof line and point in the direction of West.

I just might try it. All I'll be out if it does not work is my time and the 15% restocking fee.

OP
T

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
I will be getting a directional antenna in the summer. Currently I can only get attached to the tower to north. The one to the south has more bands that it uses.

My hope is with the directional antenna I can connect and get greater speed. If not I can get a better connection to the tower to the north.

Should boost me from 10mb to 20+.

tractorshopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
Thanks for the quick replies.

I set up the system last night and wow, what a difference already. On my Verizon system, I had been connecting my phone via wifi and checking the speed test and routinely coming up with 0.6 range down; sometimes higher in the 3 range. With my AT&T phone by itself, I am usually in the 3-5 range, but on 3G. Connecting to the new Mofi wifi, the lowest I would get for short periods was in the 5 down range, but I had many times 8-10 and many times in the 15-20+ down. I can't tell on the speed tester I'm using whether it's 3G or 4G when hooked up on my phone though, because it just shows connected to AT&T network.

All that said, Netflix actually plays previews of whatever movie or show is highlighted. I never knew this because this has never happened on my home TV before. Also, when you open it or Prime, all the Icons are there as you scroll. In the past about 30% of icons would be there and as you moved category to category, they would slowly come up one at a time.

I streamed a movie on the TV in the best picture I've ever seen from streaming and one of my kids also hooked up and was streaming on her laptop at the same time and Alexa was running and on my phone I was running speed tests and still impressed.

So, long story short, I have the best internet I've ever had (even better than dsl years ago when I lived near the city). The Mofi must be already be boosting the signal or receiving it much better than our phones ever have.

On DirecTV, the only thing I can't quite do is get the on-demand working fast enough (It would never even start before; it would download maybe one minute of viewing for record for later every 20 minutes or so before). Now it will download a minute for about every 2 minutes, but not quite to where it would be able to just play live when you really want it to. So, I still want an antenna.

I was thinking signal booster system like Surecall or WeBoost, but with your responses above, I believe I'll try to antenna instead as a much cheaper alternative, since I'm just trying to get smidge more out of this. In any regard, I have no disappointment at all with this new system. I'm very happy with it right out of the gate.

STx

Veteran Member
Tractor
We stream all of our live TV over Gears TV (Omar's Videos), it gives us every US, UK and Canadian channel for $15/mo. I'm including the link because there are a lot of scam sites that claim to be Gears but will just take your money and not give you anything. Omar's Videos is the actual streaming servers, it's a very basic looking site but it wotks well, we use the Mayfair Guide as the actual viewer, it gives guide listings and has a Gears viewer built in so go to Omar's to sign up, then to Mayfair to get the guide, another $3.50/mo (Subscribe) and install it. During install, it'll ask if you want to use it's Gears add on, say yes.

We use Ttanium TV for on demand viewing, there are lots of tutorials online for installing this.

Both run in our Fire TV. We still stream some stuff from Amazon Prime, we're not going to get rid of that subscription anytime soon because of the shipping savings but, we're probably going to cancel Netflix.

If you use Titanium TV, or KODI for that matter, it's worth buying a Real Dedbrid Premium Subscription, at the current exchange it comes to just over $3/mo and gives you a lot more quality streams.

So, with all of it, our total monthly cost now for internet and TV is $101 ($80 for Internet, $21 for TV), that includes all the premium channels, all sports channels, all ppv events and almost anything we want on demand. At some point, I'm going to try a $30/mo unlimited AT&T SIM in the Mofi and see what happens after 22GB, that's the point they say that you're subject to.throttling based on network congestion, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sorry for the hijack, back to just Internet discussions.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
I bought a weboost but havent installed it. I stream using my AT&T mobley, it's been great. Have gone way over 22GB.

tractorshopper

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
We stream all of our live TV over Gears TV (Omar's Videos), it gives us every US, UK and Canadian channel for $15/mo. I'm including the link because there are a lot of scam sites that claim to be Gears but will just take your money and not give you anything. Omar's Videos is the actual streaming servers, it's a very basic looking site but it wotks well, we use the Mayfair Guide as the actual viewer, it gives guide listings and has a Gears viewer built in so go to Omar's to sign up, then to Mayfair to get the guide, another $3.50/mo (Subscribe) and install it. During install, it'll ask if you want to use it's Gears add on, say yes.

We use Ttanium TV for on demand viewing, there are lots of tutorials online for installing this.

Both run in our Fire TV. We still stream some stuff from Amazon Prime, we're not going to get rid of that subscription anytime soon because of the shipping savings but, we're probably going to cancel Netflix.

If you use Titanium TV, or KODI for that matter, it's worth buying a Real Dedbrid Premium Subscription, at the current exchange it comes to just over $3/mo and gives you a lot more quality streams.

So, with all of it, our total monthly cost now for internet and TV is $101 ($80 for Internet, $21 for TV), that includes all the premium channels, all sports channels, all ppv events and almost anything we want on demand. At some point, I'm going to try a $30/mo unlimited AT&T SIM in the Mofi and see what happens after 22GB, that's the point they say that you're subject to.throttling based on network congestion, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sorry for the hijack, back to just Internet discussions.

Wow, now I have to go learn a whole bunch about streaming. I guess I will be able to get rid of the satellite bill soon once I figure all of this out. That will be an added bonus.

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
The one problem i see with ubifi, it uses 4g lte technology. That technology is going away next year. Maybe they will switch to 5g?