Ubifi Rural Internet

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #31  
Yeah but the hotspot has a battery and if flying can be used at airport or on train if you are using that etc.

That makes sense. I think you'll have an issue with the IMEI coded to the SIM card not matching. I have a friend at AT&T that could change it to all 1's in the system though, and then you could use the card in any device you wanted to. Try it and see what happens, if it doesn't work send me a PM with the ICC ID off the SIM (I find it easiest to take a picture of it and enlarge the photo, the numbers are small) and I'll get him to fix you up.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
So no changes yet but I am getting clover to 20mb now. Will be nice when the football game I want to watch needs to be streamed.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #33  
Tag. Our dsl service with Frontier is the pits! Looking for alternatives.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #34  
I knew the internet was going to be ***** when we moved to the country. You take the good with the bad. However, the Mobley thing has been fantastic and for $22 a month it is amazing. Not Google fiber by any means but who cares. I have satellite for tv so I don't stream much. So an alternative would be to move back to the city, no thanks

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #35  
We're streaming everything. Gears TV gives us all the channels, and I mean everything, US, UK, Canada, all the sports and movie channels plus the regular cable channels for $15/mo, Titanium TV gives us all the on demand and Ubifi for Internet, our monthly total is $85 for TV and Internet, less than it would be with Mobley and satellite. I've been seeing posts lately that the Mobley thing may be coming to an end.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
I am very happy with Ubifi. You need to determine if you have good AT&T cell signal at your place though. They use AT&T Towers. I get 10-15 mb down which is fine to stream one thing at a time. I think if I put up a directional antenna I can boost that to 30+ mb down. That would be plenty to stream two things or more. Since it is just me and SWMBO I am in no huge hurry to do it. Although the antenna is only like $100 and I have a pole in the ground right where I want to mount the antenna.... so really I am just lazy :)

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #37  
I just installed AT&T Fixed Wireless at my place. It's basically like a cell phone/hotspot receiving the data from a nearby cell tower. Our FW antenna is about 4700 feet from the nearest cell tower. The installer said that in his experience, in our area, it works well at distances up to 1.5 miles depending on terrain, etc. We are in rural Georgia, living in the woods. The download throughput ranges from 10-40 mb depending on the traffic on the cell tower. Much better than our old DSL a 2-3 mb. AT&T was/is running a special offer of 340 GB per month for $60. We have only had it for 45 days and the first month we approached around 160 GB using a moderate amount of ROKU streaming daily. We're happy even though AT&T is the only game in town given our location.

SimS

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #38  
Just ordered UbiFi. So tired of Verizon and capping. Our plan shares 3 phones and home mini-tower for home internet. 50 GB per month, then throttled. So for 2 days each month, we have good speed on the internet, then it is throttled the rest of the month (I have 2 teenagers). Often times, the home internet just goes out for days at a time. We call and complain, but by the time a tech calls back, it's back on. Very hard to stream most of the time, most shows will stop and buffer repeatedly and the picture quality is terrible.

Over Christmas break, my wife and one daughter had their phones on wifi, so they were burning the home internet connection. I was 2 weeks into my current month and the home internet went dead. We called and told that even though it's unlimited per se, the home one takes more juice so once it hits a limit, it's done for the month. The phones still have their internet, but good luck streaming anything. No internet at all for the next 2 weeks when I'm paying like $330 a month for 3 phones and home "UNLIMITED" internet? Heck no. I finally decided to get this UbiFi and give it a try.

Hope it works well, because I can't wait to cancel the Verizon home piece of our bill.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #39  
We routinely use 100+GB per month, more now that our daughter has moved in, and have never been throttled with our UbiFi. I think you'll be happy with the change.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
I don稚 use that kind of data. I found this because out where I live dsl was even flakey.