Ubifi Rural Internet

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #222  
That's what I was afraid of. A quick look at ebay tells me that the $50 option is for customer renewal not for new customers. Looks like it means customers of the ebay seller (not customer of AT&T). I have until July 5 to get this figured out. I've been on paternity leave from work and since I've been out our office has shut down and everyone is forced to work from home, so I have to have a good internet connection.

I keep hoping that T-Mobile would come up with 4G LTE internet for everyone but the merger (just closed yesterday) has taken a lot longer than expected. I am a firm believer that the rural USA is (purposefully) oppressed from good internet. My only other option at the moment is to go with Hughesnet and I chose to go without home internet for over a year instead of going with satellite when we moved out to the country.
Ubifi works well, it's just more expensive. If there aren't any other options when my plan expires, I'll switch back to them. 4G Internet has been great for us, more reliable and faster than the WISP we had before for less money, even if we have to go back to Ubifi. I do wish the cell providers would continue to provide reasonably priced unlimited plans, it's the best option for rural areas. No wires needed and the towers are already there.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #223  
Is there anything that would stop me from just doing a $55/mo prepaid plan with AT&T and using that sim card with my MOFI modem? Shop

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #224  
Is there anything that would stop me from just doing a $55/mo prepaid plan with AT&T and using that sim card with my MOFI modem? Shop

I doubt it would work as that is a phone plan. It would be great if it would.

You could try it and let us know

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #225  
Actually, it should work. I've used those types of data plans in devices other than phones before and it worked fine.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #226  

Check if AT&T Fixed Wireless is available 250gb for $60 here only used 100gb on tractor forums and youtube last month.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #227  
How are you folks with Ubify doing? I noticed the price went up to $99. - did everyone get a rate increase, or just new subscribers?

I also noticed they don't list the carrier (at least I couldn't find it) - is it still AT&T?

My carrier, OTRMobile, switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and my signal degraded significantly.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #228  
How are you folks with Ubify doing? I noticed the price went up to $99. - did everyone get a rate increase, or just new subscribers?

I also noticed they don't list the carrier (at least I couldn't find it) - is it still AT&T?

My carrier, OTRMobile, switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and my signal degraded significantly.

My latest Ubifi charge was $89 same as always. Also still on AT&T so far as I know.

I had OTRMobile as well for a few months over the winter, but got so frustrated with their customer service trying to find out about the T-Mobile change that I decided to cancel rather than deal with the "upgrade." I emailed to cancel (no way was I waiting over an hour on hold for "live chat") and got no response. So I finally had to threaten a charge-back, at which point they took care of it immediately. It's a shame, they seemed great at first but boy did the customer service take a nose-dive.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #229  
My latest Ubifi charge was $89 same as always. Also still on AT&T so far as I know.

I had OTRMobile as well for a few months over the winter, but got so frustrated with their customer service trying to find out about the T-Mobile change that I decided to cancel rather than deal with the "upgrade." I emailed to cancel (no way was I waiting over an hour on hold for "live chat") and got no response. So I finally had to threaten a charge-back, at which point they took care of it immediately. It's a shame, they seemed great at first but boy did the customer service take a nose-dive.

Yes, their customer service was very bad for a while, although the last two "chats" I had I didn't have to wait.

I had also considered NetBuddy, and checked them out yesterday. Their website has greatly improved. They were always AT&T, but now they're soon going to offer a Verizon plan. That makes me wonder if the AT&T plan will soon be discontinued, like OTR did.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
Still att as far as I know. $89 for me. Have not had to use customer service so I cannot comment on that.