Ubifi Rural Internet

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #231  
My annual unlimited plan expired and is no longer offered so I had to search for something new. I tried to just restart my Ubifi account but, they cancelled my order so I hit eBay and found a guy that's selling the monthly unlimited plan for $35 activation and $65/mo. I signed up and am running again with the same speeds. You can get it direct from him at - START SERVICE (SIM) KIT | wireless4u. I already had an unused SIM so I sent him my IMEI and ICCID and he had it active in under 15 minutes. The only downside is that he does not currently offer an auto-pay option but, he says it's in progress and he hopes to have it available within the next month.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #232  
My annual unlimited plan expired and is no longer offered so I had to search for something new. I tried to just restart my Ubifi account but, they cancelled my order so I hit eBay and found a guy that's selling the monthly unlimited plan for $35 activation and $65/mo. I signed up and am running again with the same speeds. You can get it direct from him at - START SERVICE (SIM) KIT | wireless4u. I already had an unused SIM so I sent him my IMEI and ICCID and he had it active in under 15 minutes. The only downside is that he does not currently offer an auto-pay option but, he says it's in progress and he hopes to have it available within the next month.

I hope it lasts. As I mentioned earlier, NetBuddy is still offering AT&T unlimited, but I noticed they've added a disclaimer to the SIM card description indicating that it may soon not be unlimited.

How can I tell what my data usage is? Is there something in the MoFi pages that will tell me?

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #233  
I hope it lasts. As I mentioned earlier, NetBuddy is still offering AT&T unlimited, but I noticed they've added a disclaimer to the SIM card description indicating that it may soon not be unlimited.

How can I tell what my data usage is? Is there something in the MoFi pages that will tell me?
Yes, click on "Bandwidth & Filters" on the left side menu. The default is Internet Usage. I used 800GB last month, at 565GB so far this month. It's no wonder they're getting rid of unlimited however, it's the only decent option for a lot of rural folks, RVers, Cruising Boaters, etc.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #234  
Yes, click on "Bandwidth & Filters" on the left side menu. The default is Internet Usage. I used 800GB last month, at 565GB so far this month. It's no wonder they're getting rid of unlimited however, it's the only decent option for a lot of rural folks, RVers, Cruising Boaters, etc.

Thank you!

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #235  

That's a lot of data! You must do more 4k binge watching than I do. We stream music nearly all day and have a lot of tablet youtube/netflix going on and then the occassional Disney+ in 4k on our main TV. I just checked and we're average around 200gigs a month. I'm down to my last 20 days of the old ATT plan and have been looking at ebay for my next move. I may hit up the same guy and go that direction too. I'm currently working at home a lot more due to COVID so home internet is a very high priority for me now.

C'mon Starlink!

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #236  
That's a lot of data! You must do more 4k binge watching than I do. We stream music nearly all day and have a lot of tablet youtube/netflix going on and then the occassional Disney+ in 4k on our main TV. I just checked and we're average around 200gigs a month. I'm down to my last 20 days of the old ATT plan and have been looking at ebay for my next move. I may hit up the same guy and go that direction too. I'm currently working at home a lot more due to COVID so home internet is a very high priority for me now.

C'mon Starlink!
All of our TV is streaming, including live TV. There's also a lot of Zoom going on lately.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #237  
All of our TV is streaming, including live TV. There's also a lot of Zoom going on lately.

I see. I live close enough to the big city to pick up all of the broadcast (ABC, PBS, etc...) channels. I just go without ESPN etc these days... especially since there's not really sports happening.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #238  
I see. I live close enough to the big city to pick up all of the broadcast (ABC, PBS, etc...) channels. I just go without ESPN etc these days... especially since there's not really sports happening.

Me too. The antenna is in the attic :thumbsup:.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #239  
We have been very happy with UbiFi. I wish the cost was a bit lower but it is much better than CenturyStink. Our price has not gone up.

Last week, the wifey took the MoFi to a nearby friends house so they could see if they could get a connection to the tower and check out the speed. They liked what they saw and are ordering UbiFi to get away from CenturyStink.

Can't comment about service because we have never needed any.

I was worried if the UbiFi was truly unlimited. We have not had any issues with data limits. In 2019 we averaged 66 GB a month. So far this year we are up to 102 GB per month but the increase is from the virus. During the lock down, our data usage has averaged 115 GB per month, which means we are using almost twice as much data compared to 2019. This from the kids doing remote learning but mostly my bandwidth needs for work.

Later,
Dan

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
We have been very happy with UbiFi. I wish the cost was a bit lower but it is much better than CenturyStink. Our price has not gone up.

Last week, the wifey took the MoFi to a nearby friends house so they could see if they could get a connection to the tower and check out the speed. They liked what they saw and are ordering UbiFi to get away from CenturyStink.

Can't comment about service because we have never needed any.

I was worried if the UbiFi was truly unlimited. We have not had any issues with data limits. In 2019 we averaged 66 GB a month. So far this year we are up to 102 GB per month but the increase is from the virus. During the lock down, our data usage has averaged 115 GB per month, which means we are using almost twice as much data compared to 2019. This from the kids doing remote learning but mostly my bandwidth needs for work.

Later,
Dan

Yeah I have not tracked our usage. However we got a roku and ditched satellite tv so I am sure we are in the range of 100 mb/mo. No issues.