Ubifi Rural Internet

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #241  
My annual unlimited plan expired and is no longer offered so I had to search for something new. I tried to just restart my Ubifi account but, they cancelled my order so I hit eBay and found a guy that's selling the monthly unlimited plan for $35 activation and $65/mo. I signed up and am running again with the same speeds. You can get it direct from him at - START SERVICE (SIM) KIT | wireless4u. I already had an unused SIM so I sent him my IMEI and ICCID and he had it active in under 15 minutes. The only downside is that he does not currently offer an auto-pay option but, he says it's in progress and he hopes to have it available within the next month.

I'm up and running on this too. Thanks again for sharing. Rumor is that a new ISP is going to startup in the town about 5 minutes from me. We'll see if they end up providing service to me hopefully in the next two months. They'll have to beat a very consistent 35mbps download speed though. I'm actually am still hoping Elon is able to be very successful with his Starlink low-orbit satellite internet.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #242  
I'm up and running on this too. Thanks again for sharing. Rumor is that a new ISP is going to startup in the town about 5 minutes from me. We'll see if they end up providing service to me hopefully in the next two months. They'll have to beat a very consistent 35mbps download speed though. I'm actually am still hoping Elon is able to be very successful with his Starlink low-orbit satellite internet.

Well... the AT&T prepaid sim plan is getting killed as of Dec 31st. I just tried contacting TMOBILE and they said that they will contact me whenever their internet becomes available for me (I know some people have gotten it but maybe they've filled their quota in my area).

So... I'm kind of scrambling since I'm working from home and we're homeschooling our kids this year. I'm thinking about snagging a Verizon sim off of Ebay but just seeing if anyone else has a solution that I'm not thinking of.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #243  
Well... the AT&T prepaid sim plan is getting killed as of Dec 31st. I just tried contacting TMOBILE and they said that they will contact me whenever their internet becomes available for me (I know some people have gotten it but maybe they've filled their quota in my area).

So... I'm kind of scrambling since I'm working from home and we're homeschooling our kids this year. I'm thinking about snagging a Verizon sim off of Ebay but just seeing if anyone else has a solution that I'm not thinking of.
I got an unlimited T-Mobile SIM, off eBay and it's working. I also have an unlimited AT&T SIM from speednetlte.net, they resell a corporate plan. The unlimited isn't listed on their website, I'd suggest calling and asking them about it. That's pretty much it for options right now.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #244  
I got an unlimited T-Mobile SIM, off eBay and it's working. I also have an unlimited AT&T SIM from speednetlte.net, they resell a corporate plan. The unlimited isn't listed on their website, I'd suggest calling and asking them about it. That's pretty much it for options right now.

Could you link the seller of your Tmobile Sim? I'll look into both.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #245  

I've been with OTRMobile for over a year and a half. It was originally with AT&T, and all was well. In the spring, they switched to T-Mobile, and the reception here was terrible. I installed an outside antenna to my MoFi 4500, and then reception was OK at best, but over time got progressively worse. A couple of months ago they switched back to AT&T, and reception is good again. There have been progressive price increases with each change, and they are now at $90.00 plus tax.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #247  
I know this is an old thread, but I'm considering changing to Ubifi. Are those that have it still satisfied? Are there any current complaints?
Thanks.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet
I know this is an old thread, but I'm considering changing to Ubifi. Are those that have it still satisfied? Are there any current complaints?
Thanks.
I am still satisfied and using it. My complaint is going to be with any cellular option. There are times where the tower is getting hammered and my speeds drop. There are times where all the stars align and I get great speeds.

My only advice would be count on adding an external Yaggi antenna and plan installation of where you will want that. I wish I had done a better job of that and may still move the antenna for better reception.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #249  
Thanks.
I used Ubifi until Starlink arrived at our house this March. I was very happy with the UbiFi service in my area. I mounted an external antenna in the attic for the best performance.

I only had to contact customer service once (for a band locking question) and they were quite helpful. I would recommend them provided you have some kind of cell service in the area.

Of course Starlink is a whole different story. If that becomes an option for you, I would go that route for sure.

/ Ubifi Rural Internet #250  
I went straight to AT&T and got a 5G router with 2 outdoor antennas. I'm getting 75x15 for speed now, which I can't really complain about. I do wish my up was faster though, now that I'm making a bunch of YouTube videos and have someone doing the editing for me, the up can be a real problem. I'm uploading 100s of GB of raw footage for the editor and it takes FOREVER. Our co-op has fiber but not to me yet. I can't wait until they do, I'm signing up for 1GB service the second it's available.