UCC lien on Massey

/ UCC lien on Massey #1  

Argo1010

Tractor
2020 John deere
How does AGCO handle UCC lien release ?

/ UCC lien on Massey #2  
Pay them their money, they release the lien (?)

that's should be how it works

/ UCC lien on Massey #3  
When a bank loan is paid off, a Release of Lien or Certificate of Satisfaction is provided by the bank and is recorded in the Land Records office to provide notice that the prior lien has now been paid in full and released from the property.

/ UCC lien on Massey #4  
recorded in the Land Records office
I don't know the location of the OP. So laws or regulation could vary by location.

But a tractor is personal property, so regardless of venue, I would be surprised if a lien was recorded in the "land" office. Which deal with real property. But again, maybe that's how it works elsewhere.

/ UCC lien on Massey
I’m in New York so didn’t know how the process went .

/ UCC lien on Massey #6  
Did a quick search and I believe you need to contact the NY Secretary of State's office.

"How do I file a release?

Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code provides for the filing of an amendment of collateral. If you are using the National Standard form, UCC3 Financing Statement Amendment you would complete 1a Initial Financing Statement file number and check box 2 for Termination."

/ UCC lien on Massey #7  
Could also just ask AGCO or a dealer; they handle probably a few hundred a week I would think.

/ UCC lien on Massey #8  
Is this your tractor or are you looking to buy one?

/ UCC lien on Massey #9  
I don't know the location of the OP. So laws or regulation could vary by location.

But a tractor is personal property, so regardless of venue, I would be surprised if a lien was recorded in the "land" office. Which deal with real property. But again, maybe that's how it works elsewhere.
A lien is typically a public record. It is generally filed with a county records office (for real property) or with a state agency, such as the secretary of state (boats, mobile homes, office equipment, and the like).

What Is a Lien on Your Property | Nolo​

https://www.nolo.com › legal-encyclopedia › what-proper...