UDT life time?

/ UDT life time? #1  

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
So I am cleaning up an outbuilding. I came across ten quarts of Kubota UDT.
Unopened.

What is the life expectancy of this lubricant? It has been subjected to sheltered heat and cold of course.

It is about seven years old if I recall.

/ UDT life time? #2  
So I am cleaning up an outbuilding. I came across ten quarts of Kubota UDT.
Unopened.

What is the life expectancy of this lubricant? It has been subjected to sheltered heat and cold of course.

It is about seven years old if I recall.

At this point it's totally shot. If you send all ten quarts to me, I'll dispose of them for you...:D

/ UDT life time? #3  
It has gone bad for use on east coast, but due to time differences and the way the sun sets, it is still good on the west coast. Send it to me for my tractor. I will take good care of it.

/ UDT life time? #4  
Quality aged 7 year UDT is some of the finest sippin' n' slippin' lube known to man. Enjoy it!

/ UDT life time? #5  
Oh no another post on how old is to old! Oil does not have an espiration date it merly will not meet new upto date specs. 30 wt oil from the 70s is still good 70's era 30wt oil, just not as good as todays 30wt oil. So if the spec is still listed for your tractor use it, u can always give it away and you will also get those that will tell you to mix it at 1 qt to 5 gallons of deisel and burn it. I would use it, 7 years ago is not that long! And by the way warehouses where that stuff is stored are often times not airconditioned either.

There will be those guys that tell you the additives have settled out and its no good etc, trust what you want and do what you want, if you feel its a risk for your expensive tractor dont chance it with $50 of oil, but if i had a kuboo that would use i i would put it in! **** i bet some guys on here that dont frequent these maintence forums and others who dont get on TBN and similar sites still have 7 year UTF in their tractors that they have been runnig for 7 years way harder on the machine than sitting unopend for 7 years!

/ UDT life time? #6  
My dad was an oil transporter in the later 40's, hauled a lot of Union 76 Royal Triton. He got 5 gallons once in awhile for himself, we used that oil in our cars into the later 60's, no oil related problems that we knew about.