Unsecured hay hauling

/ Unsecured hay hauling #41  
^^^^
I believe that your post concurs with the opinions of the OP.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #42  
The other issue is the way he loaded it so the bales are in the middle of the road. Obviously the load should be centered.
Maybe he’s a daytime drinker of adult beverages?

/ Unsecured hay hauling #43  
I hauled hay all through the snow storm in AR. Had 3.000 head to feed in various pastures. Sometimes a full load of hay. Sometimes I had a skid steer on rear of trailer. Usually. 2 to 3 times a day. Longest trip 30 miles. Herd scattered in various pastures. I'm 52 and never have lost a bale on the road. Never have tied it down. If I was going out of state I might, if I have to get on the interstate. Guess I'm one of the bad guys.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #44  
How many people have been killed so far on that dangerous stretch of road by hay?
We should ban uh uh hay....and uh uh guns too. How many have been kilted by texting? Does he carry a cell phone? I actually started wearing a seat belt in 2021 because of air heads texting.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #46  
I hauled hay all through the snow storm in AR. Had 3.000 head to feed in various pastures. Sometimes a full load of hay. Sometimes I had a skid steer on rear of trailer. Usually. 2 to 3 times a day. Longest trip 30 miles. Herd scattered in various pastures. I'm 52 and never have lost a bale on the road. Never have tied it down. If I was going out of state I might, if I have to get on the interstate. Guess I'm one of the bad guys.
You never tied down your skid steer? It must not be worth much.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #47  
Is part of it your equipment? We haul a lot of hay around on trailers built for large rounds, need to dump the entire trailer to lose a bale. But when we sell by the semi load, truckers strap them down. Our trailers handle 11 4' x 6' bales but that doesn't go far with 3,000 head.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #49  
The OP doesn’t state what kind of trailer is being used. Hay specific trailers don’t require straps and aren’t designed with places to attach straps. Flat bed trailers are another story and even farmers and ranchers here in Oklahoma get ticketed for unsecured loads in many cases. I’ve hauled thousands of bales on different styles of trailers. The farther you haul and road conditions many times influence how I strap. A mile down a county road won’t get the same level of care as a load going a hundred miles.

/ Unsecured hay hauling #50  
Cute little dig on farmers, but I’ve seen more unsecured zero turns and improperly secured construction equipment on trucks & trailers in my area than unsecured hay bales.
Way more.
Buddy of mine is an MVCE cop and they fill the coffers with citations written to working stiffs pulling zero turns behind an F-150 a lot more than farm truck violations.
Yep. When I deliver rounds stacked 2 high, each stack is strapped. No exceptions. If I happen to haul from the field to the barn, they are never secured in any way. Been doing that for 30 years now. Rounds have a nice way of settling down and securing themselves anyway.

Same around here, lawn services with trailers loaded with ZTR's and narry a strap on any of them. Get stopped and ticketed all the time for an unsecured load but mostly no ICC number on the truck. Instant 200 buck fine for that.