uploading my picture

/ uploading my picture #1  

monkeybreath

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 3410
In My Home, it appears possible to upload picture so it will appear with posts, however, after selecting a digital picture from a selection in my computer, and trying to send it in, I was advised that it the data size was too large. Is there a way I can manage this ? Not that you all need or want to see me, but I find it more interesting to see the posts with the faces of those posting. thanks.

/ uploading my picture #2  
From TBN FAQ-

…“In order to include an image in your signature, you will need a few things.

1) The signature image. You can create a signature image in virtually any graphics/imaging program. Please keep your images to a maximum of 300 pixels in width, or 5kb in image size. Your sig must be in .GIF or .JPG image format.”…

How do I add a signature or user image to my posts?

/ uploading my picture
Thanks - but am still computer challenged - after several attempts I got the pixels within the limits but message now reads "cannot proceed" - "size cannot exceed 7500 bytes" and that problem I have yet to overcome. . .

/ uploading my picture #4  
Hi Ron,

Email me the picture and I'll see what I can do... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jd5205@nycap.rr.com

When you get pixs this small... lots of tinkering... the expert on board with those is "Harv"... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ uploading my picture #5  
281631-ron%20CruiseMexico-80.jpg

Ron, Try this for your pix...

Attachments

• 281631-ron CruiseMexico-80.jpg
    281631-ron CruiseMexico-80.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 80
   / uploading my picture #6  
Here's a 3k version.

281654-ron2.jpg

Attachments

• 281654-ron2.jpg
    281654-ron2.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 85
   / uploading my picture #7  
Mike... Great Work...!

and fast too...! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thank you... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ uploading my picture
THANKS ! Don't know how you did this and guess I don't need to know - hate to be a pest, but how do I get it to my home page so it will appear with my posts ? I will play with this for a while - but have to take off in a few minutes - will give it another go this PM. Thanks guys for your compassion for the computer challenged . . .

/ uploading my picture #9  
281654-ron2.jpg

Hi Ron,

Well Mike…baled me out… he was able to reduce it down to 2.3k for TBN use… /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Move your mouse over the picture, and “right mouse click on it”… a menu will open up… “Select- Save Picture As”… then you can put it on your server or play with it some more…

Good luck…

/ uploading my picture
Voila and yippee ! Whatever you guys did, it worked. What a country. Thanks again. Someday maybe I will be able to be a giver in this forum instead of a taker, but it will be a while. Have to get a tractor first - getting closer.