Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
I bought the ECS kit and went to install it last weekend.

However, where the U-Bolt needs to go is over the housing of the extension arm casing. While I realize the extension feature is no longer necessary, I don't see getting it properly attached. Anyone else have this issue?

2019-04-07 15.47.21s.jpg2019-04-07 15.47.16s.jpg2019-04-07 15.47.01s.jpg

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #2  
I like my Pats but I sometimes wish I had your extension arms instead.
Maybe someone has crossed this bridge before and has a solution.
It almost seems like to me, that one eliminates the need for the other.
Good luck.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #3  
This may not be the answer, but it appears that the U-Bolt in the last picture is up side down. See if it works with the U-Bolt threads on the bottom side.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms
The stock system is way better than a standard one for sure, but it can be a real pain to get in the right position sometimes in order to have the right spacing. I.e. you have to be just far enough away that you can swing the arms out and telescope in/out enough to get the arm over the pin.

Mostly this is an issue on attachments that have a fixed pin that you have to go outside the end to make the connection. Ones that have a removable pin are much easier.

I was also looking forward to the feature of not needing the equipment to be level with the tractor - that can be a real pain sometimes.

Pat's may not be as big of an advantage as I thought it would be - many things sound better than they really are, but it gets lots of good reviews.

This may not be the answer, but it appears that the U-Bolt in the last picture is up side down. See if it works with the U-Bolt threads on the bottom side.

I think you may be right. Will try again.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #6  
Pat's may not be as big of an advantage as I thought it would be - many things sound better than they really are, but it gets lots of good reviews.
They are a huge advantage to me with my setup, however I never considered your dilemma with implements that have fixed pins compared to quick hitch applications.
I believe Pats are more beneficial to those who dont have adjustable / telescoping lift arms like you have and/or possibly telescopic stabilizers.
I hope you get it all worked out to your advantage.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #7  

Attachments

• pat's (4).JPG
    pat's (4).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 196
Last edited:
You have the wrong Pats, they make them to replace the extension arm.

Huh. I even asked for a return to the seller (I bought it through TBN) and there was no suggestion there was any other option. Will check it out.

Thanks!

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #10