used kubota BX2200 owner

/ used kubota BX2200 owner #11  
Vicki B, I have 1600+ hours on my 2001 BX2200. You have purchased a real workhorse :thumbsup: and I hope you see that your machine has a lot of life left in it. If I parked mine it in front of the house with a for sale sign, I guarantee it would sell in 4 hours for the price I would ask. I don't know what I would ask for it, because ..... It is not for sale. :)

/ used kubota BX2200 owner #13  
Not mentioned yet, but I recommend putting an HST fan protector from Bro Tek or Bxpanded and I recently bought a set of adjustable lower links from Hodge, well worth the money to replace the turnbuckles.

/ used kubota BX2200 owner #14  
TriplR, Did not know about the HST fan protector. I have replaced the fan 3 times and it is not an easy job. :yell: That little plastic fan is a necessary part, so I will look at the company you mentioned for one. Thanks :)

/ used kubota BX2200 owner #15  
TriplR, Did not know about the HST fan protector. I have replaced the fan 3 times and it is not an easy job. :yell: That little plastic fan is a necessary part, so I will look at the company you mentioned for one. Thanks :)

We had to replace one on our BX2200 which is much "easier" than the later BX where the engine has to be moved; DO NOT want to do that, so we put them on both tractors. Some people fabricate their own, but I am not that mechanically handy.

/ used kubota BX2200 owner #16  
kubota bx22001.JPGkubota bx22002.JPGkubota bx22003.JPGkubota bx22004.JPGkubota bx22005.JPGkubota bx22006.JPG

Here are some pictures of things that I needed to do to the Kubota BX2200 over the years. Pic 1 ( sorry about the focus) is the steel grate that was needed to save the plastic grill despite putting the brush bar on. Pic 2 shows the tool canister that is on the roll bar ( no drilling but welded on ) and the turn signal guards that were needed. pic 3 shows the air cleaner bands, the original band broke in 3 months as well as the second OEM part. Pic 4 Shows the taped seat that is holding up well. Pic 5 shows the bracket and gasket for the hydraulic lines. The hydraulic lines were being cut by the threads that clamp the bracket. No mater what I did the threads would cut through to the lines. Until I came up with the silicon caulk idea. Pic 6 Shows the BX2200 set up for snow removal.

/ used kubota BX2200 owner #17  
Hi and welcome to TBN Vicki B. I too bought a BX2200 about a year and a half ago, had some repairs (prior owner didn't want to fix) I love it just sorry I didn't buy one sooner. DB Pilot Thank you for the heads up on FEL lines, I didn't check that side.View attachment 309111View attachment 309112View attachment 309113 I had trouble with a bolt also but it was on the FEL frame, left side. I use rubber grommets on the bolts when reinstalling them, one above the line and one underneath.:twocents:

/ used kubota BX2200 owner #18  
Not mentioned yet, but I recommend putting an HST fan protector from Bro Tek or Bxpanded and I recently bought a set of adjustable lower links from Hodge, well worth the money to replace the turnbuckles.

As Triple said, get a protector plate. I could be wrong, but when I was looking for my BX2230, Bxpanded didn't make one for the older line whereas Bro Tek did. It was about $180 shipped for the back one if I recall from a year ago.

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ used kubota BX2200 owner #19  
My wife has a BX 2200 and loves it. She mows about 5 plus acres a week. As I said it is hers but she does let me do the service.
I like to tell everyone the bad thing about owning a Kubota is" since they almost never break down there is no excuse to not work"