Used Kubotas selling for original prices?

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #1  

tradosaurus

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400 HST, heavy duty bucket, 3rd function, R1 tires (rears filled), 2 remotes
I've been looking at pre-DEF Kubotas from years 2013 and later. I noticed one tractor, M5040, is selling for $31,000. It was mfg from 2007-2010 and sold for $24K-$30K with FEL. Why would someone sell a used tractor for same price the paid almost 10 yrs ago?

I also looked at a M7040HDC with FEL selling for $33,000.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #2  
Because it doesn't have emissions? Tractors don't depreciate like vehicles do.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #3  
Stupid but true. Pickup trucks too.

Blame inflation, low interest rates and a good economy creating strong demand.

I personally don't want any of the DEF or DPF or hyper computerized equipment. Too many things to go wrong that we can't fix ourselves anymore.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #4  
#1. No utility tractors or CUTs that I know of use DEF. Certainly not the modern versions of the ones you mentioned. Perhaps you ment DPF?

#2. Consumers have exagerated concerns about the DPF systems on these tractor thinking they will be problematic like the DEF/DPF sytems are on highway trucks and much larger diesel engines. This creates a silly high demand and high prices. I personally benefitted from this hysteria. :cool2:

#3. Inflation. Todays dollars aren't the same as yesterday's dollars.

:2cents:

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #5  
Luke the expert.

It seems that the new M-5 is a utility tractor and does use DEF, but as stated no point trying to educate blah blah blah......

M-6 ditto!

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #7  
#1. No utility tractors or CUTs that I know of use DEF. Certainly not the modern versions of the ones you mentioned. Perhaps you ment DPF?

#2. Consumers have exagerated concerns about the DPF systems on these tractor thinking they will be problematic like the DEF/DPF sytems are on highway trucks and much larger diesel engines. This creates a silly high demand and high prices. I personally benefitted from this hysteria. :cool2:

#3. Inflation. Todays dollars aren't the same as yesterday's dollars.

:2cents:

One out of three.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #8  
Did the tractor actually sell for that or was that the advertised price?

People often think their stuff if worth more then it is. But there is a big difference in asking price vs what someone will actually pay.

Tractors do hold value well especially Kubota. I'm only guessing but a 10 to 15 percent decrease the first year and only a couple percent each year thereafter seems typical.

With easy low rate financing and purchase incentives a lot of people won't bother looking at used.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #9  
In 2014 when I was looking for a used tractor I had the same experience. There wasn't much available and they were asking too much. So I ended up with a new Kioti for just a little more than an old Kubota would have been, and less then a new Kubota of less capability.

Being Japanese has it's drawbacks. Increased cost and decreased weight.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #10  
In 2014 when I was looking for a used tractor I had the same experience. There wasn't much available and they were asking too much. So I ended up with a new Kioti for just a little more than an old Kubota would have been, and less then a new Kubota of less capability.

Being Japanese has it's drawbacks. Increased cost and decreased weight.

Yeah, I looked at some Kioti's... no where near the quality of the Kubota's... sometimes cheaper is not worth it.