Using air tank to blow out radiator

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
I am having all kinds of problems keeping my radiator clear. Been using a leaf blower but it is not getting it all out. It would be nice to have compressed air. I could load up my generator and compressor but that is a pain. Will a full 11 gallon tank hold enough air to be useful?

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #3  
I actually used compressed air for decades, but found a leaf blower does a better/faster job on an on-going basis. Maybe not for maticulate work like cleaning inbetween tightly packed fins.

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #4  
From my own compressed air use on clearing my own radiator and coolers, I would have to say that I seriously doubt it. There's just not enough volume capacity in a small tank like that to clear out everything you'll need to clear.

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #5  
I'm sorry, I totally missed the "tank" mention, thinking compressed air VS leaf blower. Yeah, that could be a non starter.

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #6  
I am having all kinds of problems keeping my radiator clear. Been using a leaf blower but it is not getting it all out. It would be nice to have compressed air. I could load up my generator and compressor but that is a pain. Will a full 11 gallon tank hold enough air to be useful?

If you blow it out often, I would say yes, it would be helpful.

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #7  
In conditions like grass cutting, I always blow a machine off, and clean out the radiators after every use. I'm lazy but it only takes a couple of minutes. You don't need to wash and wax it. Nothing more disgusting (and destructive) than an inch of four month old clippings on your mower deck and everywhere else.

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #8  
From my own compressed air use on clearing my own radiator and coolers, I would have to say that I seriously doubt it. There's just not enough volume capacity in a small tank like that to clear out everything you'll need to clear.

I agree that portable air tank won't hold enough volume to do much radiator cleaning. My gasoline powered air compressor engine rarely idles while blowing out radiator on my tractors.

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #9  
It is a function of how big the radiator is, how much crap is in it and how badly the debris is imbedded.

/ Using air tank to blow out radiator #10  
I am having all kinds of problems keeping my radiator clear. Been using a leaf blower but it is not getting it all out...

Is there no pre-screen in front of the radiator? Could a guy make one?

I suppose that could be tricky if the fan blows from rear to front, like some do.