Using the Woodmizer on the farm

/ Using the Woodmizer on the farm #1  

123maxbars

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
I spent yesterday fighting off the snow and the high wind conditions but was able to capture some video of me sawing up some nice white oak on the farm.
This wood will be used for Fence Rails for the cattle.

SAWING FOR THE FARM - YouTube

/ Using the Woodmizer on the farm #2  
That's a nice set up:thumbsup:

/ Using the Woodmizer on the farm #4  
Got thousands of feet of white oak boards on treated posts for fencing around my farm, sawed on my Woodmizer. I paint first coat both sides with fence paint, then install, trim my posts and spray a second coat. Also run either welded wire (garden areas) or field fence wire on the inside to make them fairly animal proof.

enhance

enhance

/ Using the Woodmizer on the farm
Got thousands of feet of white oak boards on treated posts for fencing around my farm, sawed on my Woodmizer. I paint first coat both sides with fence paint, then install, trim my posts and spray a second coat. Also run either welded wire (garden areas) or field fence wire on the inside to make them fairly animal proof.

enhance

enhance

great looking farm and fence! which woodmizer model do you have?

/ Using the Woodmizer on the farm #6  
LT40 manual version bought new in 1991.

enhance

Sawing a 30' 8x12 on a 20' rated saw.....ahahaaa

enhance

Stack of 2x8 for one of my rental houses:

enhance

Making lap siding with a couple of plywood shims:

enhance

Logging out some white pine:

enhance

enhance

Pile of pine to be sawed. My shop building in the background:

enhance

/ Using the Woodmizer on the farm
nice set up!

/ Using the Woodmizer on the farm #8  
You got it going on Andy:thumbsup: Both of you do! good vid.

/ Using the Woodmizer on the farm #9  
I'll tell ya...if you have timber on your place, a small bandmill is about the closest to a free tool you'll ever see. I've built nearly everything on my place using wood off my place, plus 3 rental houses and numerous barns/buildings for other folks.

Most of my woodworking has construction in nature, I think Max does more furniture type stuff....something I want to get more into when I finally get my place whipped into shape. Have done a little furniture, here is a dining room table build from a nice ash log I ran into (cut from an urban lot, got for free):

enhance

enhance

One of my home made rental houses built from lumber off the mill:

enhance