Utra low sulfur VS High sulfur dyed ?

/ Utra low sulfur VS High sulfur dyed ? #31  
I don't want to mess up a new tier 4 engine and as my wife calls it a $17k lawnmower

Your tractor, I mean $17K lawnmower (props to your wife for comedy), has a Tier 4 interim engine, same as most compact and subcompact tractors have had since about 2008. It's not one of the recent Tier 4 final engines (which are only required over 26HP). So don't worry about the Tier 4 final issues you may have been reading about.

/ Utra low sulfur VS High sulfur dyed ?
Last question. I had the dyed 15ppm ULSD #2 delivered today. $2.14 @ gal.
What is the difference of dyed 15ppm ULSD #1 other than the price ?

And is the #2 ok for the Tier 4 engines?

/ Utra low sulfur VS High sulfur dyed ? #34  
And is the #2 ok for the Tier 4 engines?

ULSD #2 is diesel and is what a tier 4 tractor runs on.
ULSD #1 is sometimes called kerosene or at the pump may be called #1 diesel. In cold country #1 or #2 can be used for diesels.
I run #2 year round with Power Service additive to prevent fuel gelling. I usually don't have that problem with the tractor kept in a garage in winter when not in use.

ULSD #2 is diesel and is what a tier 4 tractor runs on. ULSD #1 is sometimes called kerosene or at the pump may be called #1 diesel. In cold country #1 or #2 can be used for diesels. I run #2 year round with Power Service additive to prevent fuel gelling. I usually don't have that problem with the tractor kept in a garage in winter when not in use.
Thanks,
I believe I know all I needed to know about the #2 dyed diesel & #1 diesel/ kerosene. But wait!.... Last week I bought K1 kerosene at $5.99 per gal. Can I safely use #1 dyed diesel for a portable kerosene heater?

/ Utra low sulfur VS High sulfur dyed ? #36  
Thanks,
I believe I know all I needed to know about the #2 dyed diesel & #1 diesel/ kerosene. But wait!.... Last week I bought K1 kerosene at $5.99 per gal. Can I safely use #1 dyed diesel for a portable kerosene heater?

I would say yes. My portable kerosene heater (salamander) can use #1 or 2. There was a sticker on mine when I bought it that said to use #1 or 2 fuel. K1 around here is high in price also. I use #2 in mine and it runs fine.

/ Utra low sulfur VS High sulfur dyed ? #37  
This is still confusing to me as well. Local stations can't seem to tell me that their dyed fuel is ULSD. Their pumps have stickers as follows:
20131121_082229.jpeg20131121_082235.jpeg

As a result, I'm still buying on road diesel.

/ Utra low sulfur VS High sulfur dyed ? #39  
Thanks,

you've done well beyond the call of duty on this fuel topic....hopefully you can rest better at nightfall given responses.... best regards to ya & use of machine. btw have you decided on a fuel supplement or going as is since you're so concerned on fuel quality? there is never a lack of opinion on this topic... :)

you've done well beyond the call of duty on this fuel topic....hopefully you can rest better at nightfall given responses.... best regards to ya & use of machine. btw have you decided on a fuel supplement or going as is since you're so concerned on fuel quality? there is never a lack of opinion on this topic... :)
I got a gallon of stabil for diesel. It's supposed to cover pretty much everything.

Sent from the mountains