V519 Compact Telehandler

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #161  
Take a look at the Haloview camera system as well. I really like mine.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #162  
Hello all, great thread here with tons of great info (as always on TBN). I've been considering jumping on the telehandler bandwagon and have found the first hand info here very useful. One of the main purposes I would have would be brush removal/mowing. I currently use a NH TC-45 setup with grappler and an 84 inch Land Pride dual spindle brush hog. This works well in most of my applications, however I'm always looking to take the next step. Some of my contract mowing is very steep (landfills) and although the NH gets the job done...there's always room to improve. So my main question is, for those of you using your machine for brush hogging/mulching, how capable are these rigs on side slopes? I realize mowing up and down is preferable by far to going across slopes, but there are certain constraints that dictate side-hilling on some of my jobs. I've lusted after a Ventrac many times for some of this steep work, and that is indeed still on the table, just curious about the teles. If money was no constraint, I'd go with and AEBI Terratrac....but those are ridiculous money, rare and dealer support is distant. Thanks for any insight.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler
I am surprised that none of the V519 owners have replied.

My V417 is very stable on side slopes with the 7' brush hog. Don't have any side slope pictures, but it has a lower center of gravity than tractors:

PA010009.JPG
PA010016.JPG

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #164  
I am surprised that none of the V519 owners have replied.

My V417 is very stable on side slopes with the 7' brush hog. Don't have any side slope pictures, but it has a lower center of gravity than tractors:

View attachment 693205View attachment 693206
Thanks for the reply! Looks like a nice setup there. I know there was discussion as to hydraulic flow and pressure in previous posts - is your brush hog a high flow or standard flow? Using a telehandler seems to just make a ton of sense to me if the side slope stability is good (as it would seem to be with the low CG). I'd love to demo one - maybe time to sweet talk my dealer.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler
My V417 handles steep ground just fine. That is another advantage of an extendable boom, extend it to shift more weight to the front wheels when needed.

Coming up out of the dry creek, notice the tree root with bark on it, ahead of the rear wheel:

PA160018.JPG

PA160030.JPG

The boom is extended with the 946 pound grapple on it.

PA160031.JPG

Drove over the root:

PA160033.JPG

And up the steep creek bank:

PA160034.JPG

PA160035.JPG

Made it!

PA160036.JPG

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #168  
My V417 handles steep ground just fine. That is another advantage of an extendable boom, extend it to shift more weight to the front wheels when needed.

Coming up out of the dry creek, notice the tree root with bark on it, ahead of the rear wheel:

View attachment 694129
View attachment 694131

The boom is extended with the 946 pound grapple on it.

View attachment 694132

Drove over the root:

View attachment 694133

And up the steep creek bank:

View attachment 694134
View attachment 694137

Made it!

View attachment 694138
Wow - great pics and insight into the "hillability" of the Versahandler. You've really got me thinking now. I have rented a couple of other brands of teles in the past, but always for conventional uses, never tried them on slopes. I appreciate your input, and apologize for my slow response - I was on vacation last week and tried very hard to stay offline as much as possible.

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #169  
For some reason, I stopped getting notifications for this thread... or maybe they just went to junk mail?

Anyhow, thought I'd post a few pick of the grapple I bought a while back. It's by MTL attachments, who make the 7ft XC7 cutter I have. It's not as big as some out there, but it gets th job done and was almost $1500 cheaper.
20200926_130607.jpg

20200926_145518.jpg

/ V519 Compact Telehandler #170  
Also recently got a stump grinder from them. Its their 16-25gpm. It works well. Makes me want a high flow machine, but it beats digging them out.
20210508_120624.jpg

20210508_121534.jpg